Broadband Related > Router Monitoring Software

Accessing DSLStats remotely

<< < (8/8)

Zico:
Thanks for additional info Tiffy.

Running my Pi with the official PSU and connected via lan cable (it's sat next to the router) as this is the easiest option for me.

I'll probably wait for a bigger update of DSLstats before I change anything for the time being.

CPU usage on the 3B+ is minimal as far as I can see. I've only set DSLstats to same images once every 24hr's at 23:59 with sampling every 60 seconds.

tiffy:
@Zico:
Yes, dedicated PSU is the way to go.

LAN connection is fine, you will get the benefit of the new enchansed "almost G.Byte" speed with the RPi 3B+ if your router port supports that, would be surprised if you notice much difference running DSLStats to be honest.
I use a LAN connection on my old RPi 1B as it doesn't directly support Wi-Fi but use Wi-Fi connections on my 2 remote RPi Zero W's just for convenience even though they are mounted directly on their respective routers.
Remember, you also have the option of using a 5 G.Hz band Wi-Fi connection with your RPi 3B+ (new feature) if your router supports this.

There is a DSLStats program update currently pending, see Eric's post's on the v.6.3.4 forum thread so probably wise to wait until that is rolled out at least.
Eric has been very busy with requested changes to DSLStats since the demise of MDWS and program revisions are very frequent at present.   

roseway:

--- Quote ---There is a DSLStats program update currently pending
--- End quote ---

That's right. I'll be uploading it shortly, and hopefully it will be the basis of the next full release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version