Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Best carpool ever  (Read 1023 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Best carpool ever
« on: June 22, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »

I quite often enjoy James Coden's Carpool Karaoke, but IMHO this has to be his best ever.  James does a special, which is not just an hour or so, but a day with Paul McCartney in Liverpool revisiting Paul's old haunts, a few where he'd not been in ~ 50 years.

All of the songs are before my era, but by gawd I still knew every word.  Just wait until you see James Corden wipe away tears (more than once) and I dare you not to enjoy and sing along to most of this.

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/PaulMcCartney/videos/2262601487089867/?permPage=1[/facebook]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Best carpool ever
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 12:43:59 AM »

:)

I confess, Carpool is not someting I usually follow, and I have not watched the entire video.  But Paul Mccartney (among other contemporaries) is always a delight to watch/listen.   

A “pop star” that actually sings, and even plays guitar, rather than just dancing, and no reliance at all on CGI.   Let alone his skills as composer & songwriter.   A bygone era.

Whatever would the producers of Eurovision Song Dance Contest make of it all?   Maybe we could persuade him to compete next year?  We’d not win of course, unless he just pranced around under flashing strobes, rather than making music.  But it  would be interesting to see if anybody else understands the subtlety, of what a “pop star” ought to mean? ::)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

I wonder how many of the modern day so called stars will be around in 55 years time and how many of their songs will be remembered.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 11:03:42 AM »

The Carpool Mccartney thingie got a mention on BBC breakfast this moring.   Not direct BBC reporting, but they plucked it out in their look through the morning papers, one of which covered it.   

I think, not sure, it was The Sun. :)

The studio guest expressed surprise that the current occupants of Mccartney’s old house hadn’t changed things much since he lived there, until Naga explained it was now a museum. ::)