Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DSLstats v6.5 released  (Read 2706 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: DSLstats v6.5 released
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 05:39:12 AM »

I have got issues with dslstats just silently crashing, by silent I mean no error prompt, just closing down.  The event log even tho its set to save on exit, is wiped when this happens, so when its relaunched the first entries are when it is launched.  So I dont know how to diagnose this, Eric I can take this to pm if you prefer for further diagnosis.

This has seemed to start since I updated to 6.5 I have now reverted to 6.0.8 just to see if it still crashes, because I have also changed a few settings which may have triggered the problem.
Sky Fiber Pro - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 11:21:16 AM »

I'm struggling to work out how to diagnose this. How soon does it crash after starting, and is it possible to relate the time of the crash to something happening at the time? Would it be possible to reverse your recent changes in the settings and see if it still crashes?

If you could give me a copy of your dslstats.ini file (with anything confidential removed) I can try to reproduce it on a Windows 8.1 system.
  Eric

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »

I will send it, but I think I have already diagnosed it.
Sky Fiber Pro - Billion 8800NL bridge & PFSense BOX running PFSense 2.4 - ECI Cab - LINE STATISTICS CLICK HERE

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 04:35:52 PM »

Thanks, I've received your PMs and responded.
  Eric

pluto

• Just arrived
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2018, 02:24:19 AM »

.... I think I have already diagnosed it.

What were your conclusions? I have a similar issue instant closure without warning the instant anything on the program's interface is touched :o

Windows 7, x64. Updated to 6.5.3 but this one is tricky. It sometimes doesn't happen until after several days of normal running.

But I also know, for a fact, that this problem goes back quite a long time I guess I'm just a bit more focussed on it at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:38:44 AM by pluto »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »

It was when 2 programs were trying to access the files dslstats writes at the same time.

The older version was more elegant and threw up a warning prompt whilst the newer version just silently crashed.

Mine was nothing to do with touching the interface.
Pages: 1 2 [3]