Broadband Related > Telephony Wiring + Equipment

BT NTE5 Master Socket to NTE 5C /VDSL mk 4 socket and extension

<< < (3/3)

mpstevens:
Bloody great stuff both  :yay:

So I will do the following :

1, Get a new Filtered face plate for the existing NTE5. (as pic shown above)
2, Run CW1724 cable from new filtered face plate (A+B) TO (5+2) on extension socket with router and main phone (with Dangly filter).
3, Run CW1724 cable from new filtered face plate (2,3+5) TO (2,3+5) on extension socket with second phone -No Dangly filter required

Main phone + Router from filtered adsl face plate to extension socket 1 (main phone + router) with dangly filter.
A to 5 = WHITE/blue
B to 2 = BLUE/white

Second phone from filtered adsl face plate to extension socket 2 (phone only) no dangly filter.
2 to 2 = BLUE/white
3 to 3 = ORANGE/white
5 to 5 = WHITE/blue

Just as a matter of interest for future reference if I had decided to replace the Old BT socket (NTE5) with a junction box (BT77A) and then run CW1724 cable from terminals 5+2 on the junction Box to A+B on the new NTE 5C /VDSL mk 4 Socket this I understand would be ok?
But if I wanted to then run another extension (phone only) would I be able to run this directly from the junction box to another extension socket or would I have to run the (phone only) extension from ports 2,3+5 from the new NTE 5C /VDSL mk 4 Socket ?
If I could run the phone only from the junction box would it be ok to double up on terminals 5+2?

Cap my tip to you both  :oldman:

Mike

tubaman:

--- Quote from: mpstevens on March 02, 2018, 07:49:56 PM ---...

Just as a matter of interest for future reference if I had decided to replace the Old BT socket (NTE5) with a junction box (BT77A) and then run CW1724 cable from terminals 5+2 on the junction Box to A+B on the new NTE 5C /VDSL mk 4 Socket this I understand would be ok?
But if I wanted to then run another extension (phone only) would I be able to run this directly from the junction box to another extension socket or would I have to run the (phone only) extension from ports 2,3+5 from the new NTE 5C /VDSL mk 4 Socket ?
If I could run the phone only from the junction box would it be ok to double up on terminals 5+2?

--- End quote ---

Once you have a filtered NTE in place you need to run all your extensions from that, preferably in a daisy chain fashion if you can although it's not essential on the telephony side of the circuit.
If you ran an extension from your BT77A you would be creating a bridge tap - ie an unfiltered branch in the circuit.  This is undesirable as it can significantly effect the quality of the VDSL signal.
 :)

mpstevens:

--- Quote from: tubaman on March 03, 2018, 10:24:43 AM ---Once you have a filtered NTE in place you need to run all your extensions from that, preferably in a daisy chain fashion if you can although it's not essential on the telephony side of the circuit.
If you ran an extension from your BT77A you would be creating a bridge tap - ie an unfiltered branch in the circuit.  This is undesirable as it can significantly effect the quality of the VDSL signal.
 :)

--- End quote ---
Thanks Tubaman for your help ..I now understand  ;D

Weaver:
You aren't breaking any laws if you leave the back part of you NTE5 alone and just replace the removable front part. The wiring behind the test socket, on the back part of the NTE5, is BT’s the rest is yours.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version