Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MDWS graphs not uploading????  (Read 1933 times)

Zenfield

MDWS graphs not uploading????
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:11:59 AM »

Hi all,
Apologies in advance as I am a total noob when it comes to this. Ive currently signed up to MDWS, but once I log on I cannot find my statistics. Is that because I already have the program running and I can only view other peoples graph via the site? Can anyone confirm for me whether my stats are being uploaded?? (My credentials are the same as my username)
All help would be largely appreciated.

Regards

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: MDWS graphs not uploading????
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:56:03 AM »

I can't see your stats so it would appear you are not uploading. what is your setup? have you entered your upload user/password etc

Zenfield

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 08:51:22 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for your response. Im currently monitoring stats on my macbook pro using the wineskin program to run MDWS. Ive entered my username and validation key and it has 'checked ok'. I cant seem to understand what the issue is.

Westie

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:09:56 PM »

MDWS records the data you upload to it from either the HG612 Modem stats monitoring package or the DSLStats program. These programs monitor the stats from your modem or modem/router, and links to them can be found from the MDWS help page "How do I view my own data?"

If you are not running either of these programs and uploading the stats, MDWS has no data to show.

EDIT: I have experience only with DSLStats, and it took me a little while to figure out read the manual how to upload the stats.  :blush:
It's under the Configuration>MyDSLWebstats tabs!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:36:49 PM by Westie »

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:39:00 PM »

Obvious question, I assume you can see your stats being recorded, its just they are not uploading right? So the config is correct.

In that case, have you ticked the 'Upload data to MyDSLWebStats' box above the username and password fields? Its easy to miss. :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:41:27 PM by V_R »
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 03:36:15 AM »

If DslStats is running fine, the problem probably lies with the file upload17.exe
That's the file that DslStats uses to upload data to MyDSLWebStats. I've no idea how WINE will deal with this, but make sure upload17.exe is present in the DslStats directory and it has any relevant permissions.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:53:05 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Zenfield

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 03:46:08 AM »

Right, i just got in from work and for some odd reason my stats are finally being uploaded. Weird I know, but im just glad they're finally up there.
Cheers guys for all your input and help troubleshooting :)

anything