Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

When will FTTPoD be available to residents.

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ixel:

--- Quote from: j0hn on February 19, 2018, 01:13:48 AM ---There's a 3rd ISP selling FTTPod now.
Syscomm
http://www.syscomm.co.uk

Full list of ISP's selling it can be found below.

https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/ultrafast-broadband/ultrafast-fibre-buy-it-now

--- End quote ---

The ICUK website (the reseller variant of CIX) is also going to be selling FTTPoD and G.fast soon, it mentions it on their product pages (under technologies if I recall).

richi:

--- Quote from: j0hn on February 18, 2018, 04:28:10 PM ---Cerberus don't check Companies House like FluidOne. You could simply be self employed to order FTTPod.
--- End quote ---
This may have changed recently. I filled in FluidOne's enquiry form last week -- it implies self-employed businesses are accepted.

Bowdon:
I hope more ISP's get on the FTTPoD train because if done correctly this could actually aid FTTP rollout by being able to see demand for 'Ultrafast fibre'.

richi:

--- Quote from: Bowdon on February 18, 2018, 07:11:19 PM ---I agree paying 10K upfront to give others access is a bit of a kicker.
--- End quote ---
As I understood it, the new pricing is supposed to adjust for the number of properties passed by the fibre. I think the reporting that the change should be cost-neutral misses this point (or perhaps only allows for an average number of properties passed).

I gather that, were I to install FTTPoD, the fibre would pass about 20 homes and businesses. I have enquiries in with Cerberus and FluidOne. I'll report back with what I find.

Ronski:
Properties passed seems to be a point of confusion, perhaps properties passed that are connectable would make more sense,  it could pass a 100 properties but if the only distribution point is outside 5 houses then only 5 properties would be connectable.

To me it would make sense to install distribution points all along the route it takes where there are properties/branches that could later be utilised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version