Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BLOGGERS BEWARE !  (Read 1047 times)

benji09

• Reg Member
BLOGGERS BEWARE !
« on: February 11, 2018, 08:58:06 PM »

A local blogger who lives in my area has become involved with the police on an alleged harassment charge for reporting the facts of a court case involving a Bexley  councillor, and other odd things about her. For those interested, the bloggers site is called BEXLEY IS BONKERS, site menu, blog starting date 18/1/18. If anyone is interested enough to follow the blogs via his high lighting in his blogs, you may find the facts of his treatment very worrying. Sorry I can't provide a direct link to the site as my computing ability does not allow me to!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:34:12 PM by benji09 »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: BLOGGERS BEWARE !
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:46:54 PM »

Sorry not quite sure what you are getting at.   I've had a quick look at the blog but do not have time to read it all.   From what I can gather he appears to be accumulating information on a certain Councillor.

She was hauled into court for making false/defamatory allegations against a local firm/persons and charged accordingly 
Sometime later owner of blog gets issued with some sort of libel charge for some info on their blog about something they published before the official press pack which looks like its now been removed?

So now practically all the council (both parties are corrupt) and the police is corrupt because they followed up on a complaint of an alleged charge of libel and inaccurate reporting? Now its all going to go to court?

This isn't a political site and we normally deter political posts - not to censor anything, but because it will without doubt always cause heated arguments - and there are other places to go to debate on politics.  However if anyone is interested and wants to or has the time to read it all,  then the info is here.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:54:16 AM »

I remember the laws on websites were changed in the early 2000's.

Before then, if the website was located in the US, you had the protection behind the free speech laws of the US. But they changed it so the offence is caused at the point of transmission.

A guy I used to know got arrested and was given a sentence for some crazy things he put on his blog site. He was making a threat against someone and the cops got called.

It seems a serious business this blog writing.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

benji09

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:29:05 PM »

Sorry Kitz, did not put this item on the site to stir up a political debate on this site about the case, as this is not the place for it. But I put the item up as a warning to anybody that blogs, to beware of the consequencies. Anyone who is really interested in the case may wish to look very closely at it. Please will you now lock this items down to stop any political discussion that I did not want to get involved in with on here...

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »

Locked as requested.

(We don't normally do this on request, but in this case I think we're all in agreement that we don't want to encourage political arguments.)
  Eric

anything