Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 EchoLife 3B  (Read 11859 times)

Dcm12

Re: Huawei HG612 EchoLife 3B
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2018, 10:38:11 AM »

You don't need any code, you will need a device with an Ethernet port  though. http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612hacking.htm
Hi i cant see how to create new post restricted ti iphone No home net.
HG6-2 i have 2 now i had them unlocked but long story short. There not now. Question: if i unknowingly left BT AGENT TR609_ internet on would i now be locked out as i cannot reflash.
1.the reset button does not seem to work consitently if at all.
2. I have only pcu and 30 sec press of same power recycled .
Changed browsers cleard DNA cache
I have assined static  in network pref 192.168.1.100.
En lan2 to pc just not loading booter of hg612.
Whats worrying is the reset buttons are now disabled. They were ok ive been at this for weeks
Do i buy yet another HG612. Is it the macbook the modem,
I have even taken this to my mothers office more apple mac last night  still no change from above
One of them no dsl the other all connects lan1 to router but i cant get my pppoe as i default in hg612 are obviousley not suitable or it would connect to isp.
Help please.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »

Please forget all you have ever known about the Huawei HG612 and just follow the following steps --
  • Disconnect the HG612 from everything.
  • Depress, and keep depressed, the reset button.
  • With your other hand, plug-in the power supply.
  • Release the reset button.
  • Connect an Ethernet patch cable to the LAN1 port.
  • Connect the other end of the Ethernet patch cable to a computer.
  • Configure the computer's Ethernet interface with a static IPv4 address. Choose any address from within the range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254.
  • Open a web-browser and enter the IPv4 address 192.168.1.1 in the web-browser's address bar. The Broadcom boot-loader firmware update page will be displayed.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dcm12

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »

burakkucat    success .Thanks for that  sound advice i have read everything on the hg612 over the last few weeks having changed ISPS to DSL pppoe
from cable Vm  so this equipment all new to me   urhased so don't know wether i had duffs so thank you for the help.
having left them off for days then still not getting responses in sequence (as disicrbed made me wonder .  But. there is a caviet
my mac book pro .07   has weird ideas   i kinda knew it was messing  even though i fulsh dns
sudo dscacheutil -flushcache;
sudo killall - HUB mDNSResponder;say cache flushed.
following your advice i could see a  boot loader trying start in address barOpen a web-browser and enter the IPv4 address 192.168.1.1 in the web-browser's address bar. The Broadcom boot-loader firmware update page will be displayed.
i borrowed a windows   laptop and went through the set up you listed and imeadeatly came up with the update page fantastic
after weeks of this i can assure you me whoever that something which i couldn't get to in browsers CHROME/ SAFARI  even when i tried new user in my desktop. it wasn't like this weeks a go something has restricted this update load page on my system  for sure    as the windows worked straight away .  so  now i have to HG612 as i thought the first ones reset button wasn't working and bought another    /// i may buy a windows based os  just so i can run dsl stats and subvert this problem in the future   already back on my mac i can't access again  ,  even after deleting and creating new location , network. etc
clear cache of browsers . chrome safari .   
 question .  i was always with the impression that GUI access on HG612 was via LAN2 ..
Connect an Ethernet patch cable to the LAN1 port    
well thanks i have  the BT agent of   QOS of  so just have to work out best settings  for modem route  pppoe  is hand out by router  , in my router os i can't use my static ip & ppppoe    ether or tick   .
 so is it bridged mode , or route i have both LAN1 LAN2 in hg612 connected , seems to work www  for now online . but two LANS?  to router .
great help   thank you .

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2018, 05:35:51 PM »

I'm pleased to know that both devices have been proved to be still usable.  :)

The only reason for connecting the Ethernet patch cable to the HG612's LAN1 port is to access the GUI based firmware update page. Once that has been completed, you will need to swap it over to the LAN2 port for routine access to the GUI . . . as the LAN1 port will be used for the Internet service connection when the HG612 is used in its default configuration of bridge mode.

Dcm12

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2018, 11:04:28 PM »

ok got it  .  sorry i have a quandary i changed hg612 LAN ip to avoid clash to 192.168.1.2/  now it seems i cannot get gui up.
i dont know how mode is set , i think pppoe bridge and route on other LANS not bound.
 i have  WWW. at prsent working on LAN2 to router wan .& LAN1 to spare router port without which no net .
if i could hg612 gui  i could see whats mode is in..   i have set pc  NIC  to  192.168.100.2. that should get hg612 up , right
not sure which LAN to use now  for gui tried both confused and frustrated  why
 my router sssd authentication comes up without fail.
192.168.88.1  no problem.
im going to take DSL cable out and try lan 1 lan 2   access on 192.168.1.2.again 

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2018, 11:12:00 PM »

The IPv4 address of the HG612 is 192.168.1.1 by default.

If you have changed it to 192.168.1.2 then the GUI should be accessible via that address through the LAN2 port. If you are having a problem, try clearing the browser's cache, close the browser and then re-open it and try the address once again.

Setting the PC's NIC to 192.168.100.2 will not work if the HG612's address has been set as 192.168.1.2 . . . you need to have the PC on the same sub-net as the HG612. So just use 192.168.1.100, as before.

Dcm12

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2018, 06:03:54 PM »

Good now its clear      i will try again this evening .
 i have some peculiar routing going on to achieve WWW.  a mystery to me until i get back in HG
my router MIKRO TIK RB159G is meant to receive PPP wan port 1  from lan 1 hg612   oh no I'm only getting connection to outside into  port 2 on router another port going to   PC then my pope connects   ..   seem to remember setting ppppoe credentials in modem aswell as router ,  i don't have to do modem  ISP credentials  if i want router to handle that do i ?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2018, 11:21:17 PM »

..   seem to remember setting ppppoe credentials in modem aswell as router ,  i don't have to do modem  ISP credentials  if i want router to handle that do i ?

No, you should not set any credentials in the HG612 for a PPP session if you intend to have a separate router manage everything.

The HG612 works best as a plain bridging modem, which just provides both a PTM endpoint and also an endpoint for a VLAN with the tag 101.

Dcm12

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:37 AM »

Please forget all you have ever known about the Huawei HG612 and just follow the following steps --
  • Disconnect the HG612 from everything.
  • Depress, and keep depressed, the reset button.
  • With your other hand, plug-in the power supply.
  • Release the reset button.
  • Connect an Ethernet patch cable to the LAN1 port.
  • Connect the other end of the Ethernet patch cable to a computer.
  • Configure the computer's Ethernet interface with a static IPv4 address. Choose any address from within the range of 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254.
  • Open a web-browser and enter the IPv4 address 192.168.1.1 in the web-browser's address bar. The Broadcom boot-loader firmware update page will be displayed.
Great worked  a treat arfter a 12 hour rest  of the HG612
if my router is handling  pppoe  is the HG612  best in BRIDGE_pppoe   or route .  i think i have been getting double NAT to other device because i had HG also requesting ppp     im  in now what a relief     thanks  alot.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2018, 03:31:37 PM »

The default mode of operation of the HG612 is bridge mode. The HG612 will provide a PTM endpoint and a VLAN endpoint. It converts the xDSL signal to/from Ethernet frames which will be accessible on the LAN1 port.

To set the HG612 into its default mode, just press and hold the reset button for at least 10 seconds.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything