Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 EchoLife 3B  (Read 11918 times)

Dcm12

Re: Huawei HG612 EchoLife 3B
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2018, 02:13:34 PM »

reinstalled again  getting update software gui  choosing file  arfter loading 4 mins still my settings remain so the hg612 is not flushing dns
on my reset 

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:52 PM »

It's a hell of a lot easier to just use the HG612 as a modem and connect a router to it to do the PPPoE! The default HG612 configuration should just work. If you do get the HG612 working on it's own you'll probably have to undo some stuff when you want to use the router so you can have WiFi.

If you don't want to use the router to confirm the HG612 is working, connect a PC to the HG612 and configure the PPPoE on that.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 03:02:54 PM by jelv »
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Dcm12

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2018, 03:14:16 PM »

hi i am only using as mode
If you don't want to use the router to confirm the HG612 is working, connect a PC to the HG612 and configure the PPPoE on that.
all stats say im connected but keeps failing pppoe diagnostic ping   all settings are correct just will not pass
i have ethernet to pc  and VDSL in modem  thats it 

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2018, 03:38:44 PM »

If the modem is in sync then it is working. The PPP is handled by your router or your PC if connected to that.

It's a dumb modem, it is only designed to handle the vdsl2 sync to the cabinet.

Once it is unlocked with the unlocked firmware you never need to login to the HG612 again.
In its default configuration it works out of the box with any uk FTTC ISP.

Basically, if the DSL light is solid, it's working. The problem is likely elsewhere.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2018, 04:15:34 PM »

Not sure what you are trying to do with the HG612 but you appear to have loaded the correct firmware in Reply#7 so it should all be ready to go as a modem in bridge mode with the PPPoE connection handled by your router.
In Reply#17 I assume you mean you are wanting to use it as a modem but in Reply#11 you say you have it route mode which is wrong if you just require a modem.

You seem to have reinstalled the firmware a number of times, not sure why, any update to the firmware has to be done using the boot loader firmware update page by powering up while pressing the reset button as described below. (The third option) The firmware update page in the normal GUI does not work correctly.

A Huawei HG612 responds to its reset button as follows --
1) When powered up, a press and release of the reset button will initiate a device reboot.
2) When powered up, a press, hold for an excess of (say) ten second and release of the reset button will revert the device to its default configuration and initiate a device reboot.
3) When powered down, a press and hold whilst powering up the device, then release the button will allow access to the boot loader firmware update page at 192.168.1.1 via the LAN2 port.
Acknowlegement to Burakkucat  For this info

Is the modem connecting and showing stats, if so it is working. I dont think the failed ping test is relevant. Are you able to get an internet connection?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2018, 05:28:33 PM »

The Huawei HG612, in its default state, is already in the correct configuration to act as a bridge between the G.993.2 circuit and a router.

Just disconnect the HG612 from the incoming line, disconnect anything from the two LAN ports and with it powered up, press and hold the reset button for 10 - 15 seconds. Release the button and leave the device alone for, say, five minutes.

The device will now be in the correct configuration.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Dcm12

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »

thank-you for your help im not to smart at this i dont understand pppoe i have understood that i have stats up and down etc
and  solid green light .
, if so it is working. I dont think the failed ping test is relevant. Are you able to get an internet connection?  no im not using router yet ,, just mac book pro . 2008
 im new to pppoe  im confused ok my pc mac book i think is screwing things up  (( if i cannot establish ppp from network settings in mac book with direct ethernet connection  failed failed failed ,, but logs in HG612 saying succeeded   .
 do i create pppoe or ethernet connection ? in network settings   mac as pppoe will not work, later does allowing hg612  gui .
i have started over in network preferences  cleared locations recreated a new one i get all green lights untill isp.
so i think the macbook is not establishing isp pppoe
 burakkucat   thanks if you say so i will try now  i try this now  i do have vlan etc from puls8 isp to enter

Dcm12

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2018, 06:11:21 PM »

realalemadrid 
n Reply#17 I assume you mean you are wanting to use it as a modem but in Reply#11 you say you have it route mode which is wrong if you just require a modem.
i see  yes i just want to use this as a modem on a ppp service  so is it bridged ppp i select when using a router to

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2018, 06:24:33 PM »

You shouldn't need to change anything in the modem configuration, the vlan id will already be configured. All you need is your ISP username and password entered in the router config. What router are you using, it has to have an Ethernet WAN port to connect to LAN1 on the HG612.  This may have to be configured in the router so that the WAN connection uses Ethernet and not an internal modem if it has one.

Edit:  Just seen your latest post, my HG612 is set to IP_Bridged but as I and others have said you shouldn't need to change anything. If you just do the reset the default config should work.

Dcm12

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2018, 07:17:02 PM »

Thanks i know you felows are smart , but you are incorrect   i followed the   
2) When powered up, a press, hold for an excess of (say) ten second and release of the reset button will revert the device to its default configuration and initiate a device reboot.  i say a couple time s    as  incorrect my  settings are not reset at all  so
1, i remove the path ptm1.10  thats the profile right ...  then do the reboot
2. my ISP  vlan  is not in correct no is connection mode or bridge type 802.1q & p values wrong ??  i filled these entered credentials
all other settings are as i left them  ,, qos of etc  so i filled these in vlan tag 101 value 2
my router which is NETDUMAR1 brand new ,, now connected via   
HG612  lan1 > wan R1 router /port netdumaR1 > lan 2 hg612 > port R1 > port r1 >pc   
i then wiped sudo killall -hub mDNSResponder  in terminal      recreated a ppoe location
and started the HG12   and i am very pleased to say   it only has taken me a week to get this going with your help of course really pleased
there is no way over the last few days i tried anything different   this is new vdsl line ??  new isp
thankyou all  again  ;D :) ;D :)
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Dcm12

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »

dident mean to be rude  your advice is spot on and im hugely grateful      my machine bad.
these are setting that worked

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 10:40:11 PM »

Re PPOE failed.
have you been in >maintenance>Diagnose>DSL Status The DSL is connected.

PPPoE status Obtaining the IP address of the PPPoE failed. 

Network Status Diagnosis is completed.

I have never seen this work.

As said before some of the HG612 GUI does not work very well.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

RealAleMadrid

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 10:51:38 PM »

I can't really make much sense of your posts but i'm happy you got it working in the end. :)

Dcm12

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 10:06:53 PM »

realale its understandable you cannot make head nor tail of my posts ive been  staring at my laptop and tring to get virtual help for this hg612 and my new vdsl set up pppoe  for a week day and night
there are many dynamics to the whole lot isp , new router , new modem i do not work in this subject 
cheers for your help

Dcm12

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »

Re PPOE failed.
have you been in >maintenance>Diagnose>DSL Status The DSL is connected.

PPPoE status Obtaining the IP address of the PPPoE failed. 

Network Status Diagnosis is completed.

I have never seen this work.

As said before some of the HG612 GUI does not work very well.
hi  thanks   really  never seen this all working   now you tell me , i had it all working last week , all blue, then i changed settings as i thought i wasent connected to net   reinstalling software1 a few  times although i am sorted now.  properly kicked in DLM restrictions now .now i just get first ping pass the rest fail .
Pages: 1 [2] 3