Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 7844 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Hello All
« on: November 07, 2006, 01:06:38 PM »

Hello All.
My name is Michael and I'm new to Forums only joined two others this year  Edugeek   http://www.edugeek.net   and   Smoothwall   http://www.smoothwall.org

I'm an ex research scientist, I left that job to run our local village shop for 11 years and after selling that 3 years ago I'm continuing building our dream Home which we have done all by ourselves ( only employed one man with a JCB ! ), also I have been giving free help to our local charity run school.
Interests Building , computing, walking, gardening, life.

Regards Michael.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »

Hi Michael, and welcome to the forum.

Eric
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »

Hi michael and welcome.

heh warning forums can become addictive you know..  youre more than welcome to join in with any of the converserations. :)

>> building our dream Home which we have done all by ourselves

gosh thats pretty impressive. 
must be nice though to be able to plan and design everything how you want it right from scratch.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 01:07:11 PM »

Hello from me too Michael

You are fulfilling my ambition. Jealous, me!

If you need any advice on render carrier/reinforcement systems, I'm your man. Also If you are having underfloor heating & wooden floors  have many years experience of that too. Whatever you do, do not take your advice from the u/floor heating company. With a few honourable exceptions, they give completely carp advice. You wouldn't believe the number of floors I've seen ruined by wrong advice.

Lecture over. Enjoy the site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 08:26:37 PM »

Hi and thanks for the welcome.
Well we started building the house 20 years ago during weekend holidays and evenings after 3 years slog we moved in and continued to do more work when we could, both having full time jobs, The local village shop came up for sale and we made one of the worst decisions we have ever made and bought it ( if only we knew what we had let ourselves in for ) After 11 hard years and many problems with new roads, supermarkets etc. taking our trade we sold it and my wife works and I'm finishing things off ,  I forgot to say I have just got planning permission for a self contained holiday flat and a barn just to keep me quiet for the next 20 years !.   ;D

Re Astral underfloor heating.. Yes I put in ufh run off a  open fire and dunsley back boiler, 100 gallon heat store, heating ring main around the house with each room/zone fed via a zone valve and thermostat.
Because my supply of cheap coal (?3.50 cwt) has come to an end with a local mine closing and now we have gas down our lane I'm just about to install a condensing boiler.
Michael
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.