Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: A Third of UK Businesses to Invest in Ethernet and Broadband in 2018  (Read 794 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/third-uk-businesses-invest-ethernet-broadband-2018.html

A new survey of 514 British firms by Opinium, which was commissioned by broadband ISP Beaming, has found that 39% of respondents intend to invest in new digital connectivity solutions during 2018 and 17% plan to meet their growing bandwidth demands by using fibre optic leased lines (Ethernet).

The survey found that “superfast fibre broadband“, which connects businesses to Openreach’s national fibre network using hybrid copper telephone lines (e.g. FTTC), is the preferred connectivity investment of smaller organisations. Some 18% of organisations employing 10 to 49 people and one in ten (11%) firms with 9 or fewer employees plan to invest in this kind of connectivity during 2018.

In light of the recent Fibre First plan announced my OR, and their continued requests for investment, I hope they are also looking to these types of businesses as well as other ISP's. I'm sure a good deal could be cut with these companies that maybe give them reduced rates of monthly fees and a dedicated engineers team in exchange for their investment in fibre technologies.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2