Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.Fast Instalation  (Read 1497 times)

Dwight

• Reg Member
G.Fast Instalation
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:39 PM »

Hi All.
On my travels today I spotted two elves working on a Cab, so I asked them if it was a G.fast installation and the kindly said Yes and allowed me to take a look.  :)
Unfortunately I was in Leeds, Headingley to be precise, so to the lucky people of St Michaels road area enjoy your Ultrafast BB when it gets turned on!  :(

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: G.Fast Instalation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:13:39 PM »

Yes indeed! Armley is one of the pilot exchanges and I believe covers at least some of Headingley.

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: G.Fast Instalation
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:34:59 PM »

Just saw post over Thinkbroadband forum

Quote from: WannabeMKII
So G.fast installed this morning and the biggest surprise was no modem, just a new BT Home Hub with 'Ultrafast' written on the front. So I'm having to use the DMZ to pass everything through to my router as I don't know of another way at the moment...

I'm 214m from the cab and syncing at the full 330 down and 50 up.

I've run a couple of speed tests and the best so far is 302 down and 48 up, so pretty pleased.

I can't reply to TTB as I was banned for a year break from MrSaffron. Can any of you please reply to this person ask him to copy and paste of the full stats - goto http://192.168.1.254 , troubleshooting, helpdesk. Would be interesting to see this stats.

[Moderator edited to swap [quote][/quote] tags for [code][/code] tags.]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:17:06 PM by burakkucat »