Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: DLM Invoked Resync  (Read 14122 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: DLM Invoked Resync
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 01:26:13 AM »

Hopefully you'll get G.INP back soon enough. I was on interleaving (downstream) again recently, INP 3 delay 8ms, presumably because of a spike in errors. It took 20 days before DLM took positive action (restoring fastpath) and did so just after 5am yesterday. It's a shame that DLM takes incredibly longer to take positive action each time it intervenes, although I can see to some degree why it's designed that way.

From what I can see though, and what others have said, I'd also agree in that it looks like you've had a DLM reset. How though is anyone's guess. I doubt it was a backhaul change, so that leaves caution counter (perhaps?) or someone else within Openreach I guess. Strange though.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 01:31:59 AM »

I get bit confused. Because if it was DLM reset then it would be leave it as open profile for 48 hours? With no G.INP, both on fast path and no INP on both and SNR would be default at 6dB on both. Maybe I could be wrong.

I just don't know how did it happen after 6pm when I had email say Reason: 1 Remote Defect Indicator/DLM and I went :) I hope it removed banded 74M for almost 54 days stable until I check DSLstats, I went mad to see sync rate drop even more down to 69Meg and I was horrific to see G.INP was disappear (disabled)

Very strange indeed.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 01:45:24 AM »

After a DLM reset....
ECI cabs have an open profile, fastpath,
Huawei cabinets have interleaving/INP 3

It looks like that to me max. Like Kitz said don't take that as fact, just our opinions.

I've never seen DLM change like yours without it being a DLM reset.

Perhaps OpenReach are proactively looking for banded DLM profiles. They seem to acknowledge the banding issue with the caution counter reset news also.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:51:08 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 01:50:48 AM »

That's interesting. So, the banded of 74M is now removed as it look likely the DLM reset itself has worked out after 2 months. So, it a waiting game now for to get the G.INP enabled in a couple of days or weeks. Hopefully it should go back to around 76-80Mb.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 01:54:04 AM »

That's interesting. So, the banded of 74M is now removed as it look likely the DLM reset itself has worked out after 2 months.

It may not be. Just our opinions. As with everything DLM related it's just educated guesses. Only an upto date GEA Test could tell (Plusnets are 11? days out of date).

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 02:06:45 AM »

Yeah I never seen SNR at 6dB before on my line for FTTC since day 1 in 2014 (SNR was 13dB) I got a screenshot copy below when my very first FTTC went live and activated by Openreach engineer.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 02:13:26 AM »

I have noticed something on the DSLStats under Stats below

Code: [Select]
DSLAM/MSAN type:        BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Before it used to be BDCM:0xa48c / 0xa48c
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 02:15:30 AM by adslmax »

banger

• Kitizen
  • TTB 80/20
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 02:22:50 AM »

My DSLAM says the same as yours Max.
Tim
talktalkbusiness.net & freenetname
Asus RT-AC68U and ZyXEL VMG1312-B10A Bridge on 80 Meg TTB Fibre

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1502566996147131655

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 08:30:03 AM »

Just as a wee "by the way, did you know that..." but resync reason 1 - RDI Remote Defect Indicator doesn't necessarily mean it's a DLM initiated resync. It clearly is on this occasion as the DLM profile has clearly changed.

I think Tony might have fairly recently removed the word DLM from MDWS resync emails.
Always willing to be educated.  That's why I am here.  Tell me more.

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 09:12:08 AM »

I wonder if this reset could be related to the reports of a fix being due by the end of January for the problem caused by rogue modems preventing the collection of DLM data? Perhaps once the fix is applied all banded lines are reset?
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 10:17:10 AM »

@adslmax: the small difference in the way the DSLAM/MSAN type is presented doesn't have any significance. The 'v' simply stands for 'version', and the next release will slightly modify that line on the Stats page to look like this:

Code: [Select]
DSLAM type / SW version: BDCM:0xb12d (177.45) / v0xb12d
  Eric

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 11:13:42 AM »

All make sense now as I didn't notice there is ticket on my Plusnet that it say below:

CSC Analyst 12:27pm, Friday 26 Jan 2018 [Internal] Line banded at 35mbps Raising fault so faults colleague can raise with DCoE to unband line Fault ref: *-************

No ones told me about this ticket last Friday? What was the hell is this line banded at 35mbps? That's does surprise me! My line never banded at 35mbps (was 74mbps banded for 54 days until yesterday)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 01:17:02 PM »

Perhaps PN logged the fault against the wrong line/account.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 01:29:28 PM »

PN has apology it was meant to be 74Mb banded not 35Mb.

Good news PN are now can reset DLM as part of the trial say below:

Sorry I meant to put 74mbps, it was a typo. At the back end of last week I became aware that we can send accounts that meet certain criteria over to our suppliers to remotely reset the line as part of a Trial. So I sent your account over on Friday and a DLM reset was supposed to take place yesterday. But it looks like it might have not happened because your line is still banded at 74mbps. So far we've not had any feedback from our suppliers but I'll let you know when we do. It's a bit odd that g.inp was removed yesterday but not the banding. I'll let you know when/if we hear back from BTW. -Anoush

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 04:06:42 PM »

Always willing to be educated.  That's why I am here.  Tell me more.
No more to tell really. Just pointing out reason 1 usually is DLM, but not always.
It just means resync reason is 1 - RDI (remote defect indicator).

It's only on MyDSLWebStats that the word DLM appears alongside reason 1, as at the time it was assumed it was always a DLM resync. It's discussed further on the
thread I linked to
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6