Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: DLM Invoked Resync  (Read 14232 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DLM Invoked Resync
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2018, 09:08:14 PM »

Amazon sometimes have them on promotion.   

There are other manufacturers, but since I already had a HS100 for a quite a while and know they work well without needed a hub, so it was natural for my 2nd to be another HS100.

I was kicking myself before xmas as I realised I stupidly missed out on getting another for £9.99 :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2018, 09:21:14 PM »

I was surprise to get a call from a fault team (PN) couple of hours ago after 4pm as the man say that BT Wholesale has confirmed your line has successfully two parts of DLM remotely resetted on the caution counter as a trial. Asked me if I would like to take part of the trial survey in strictly manner. I have no idea what is it all about. I told the fault team it has been successful and thanks for this. Fault team is now trialing on other PN users (few of them) during the trial of DLM Remotely Reset against caution counter or stuck banded for too long. A good start by PN. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2018, 11:44:30 PM »

Excellent :)

I hope you reminded them that GEA test results always show historic DLM data and to check the time stamp next to the DLM profile :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2018, 01:16:55 PM »

Kitz will do that.

I just made a new Remote Defect Indicator/DLM Resync History records for my line so it useful for in future if it happen again with how long it takes to restored it back.

Code: [Select]
1st Remote Defect Indicator/DLM resync: 26th Nov 2017 at 12:55pm (line banded enabled)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.4      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2
Attenuation rate (kbps):   89238      30218
Connection speed (kbps):   74000      19999
SNR margin (dB):           9.9      15.1
Power (dBm):               12.5      -0.9
Interleave depth:          16      1
INP:                       49.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      Not Enabled

2nd Remote Defect Indicator/DLM resync: 29th Jan 2018 at 6:10pm (after 64 days stable & DLM resetted)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.3      0.0
Attenuation rate (kbps):   83026      27648
Connection speed (kbps):   69594      19999
SNR margin (dB):           6.2      15.2
Power (dBm):               12.5      -1.3
Interleave depth:          1363      1
INP:                       3.00      0
G.INP:                     Not Enabled      Not Enabled

3rd Remote Defect Indicator/DLM resync: 1st February 2018 at 1:45pm (after 3 days stable & restored)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.3      0.0
Attenuation rate (kbps):   82489      27617
Connection speed (kbps):   79999      19999
SNR margin (dB):           6.7      15.1
Power (dBm):               12.4      -1.3
Interleave depth:          8      1
INP:                       48.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      Not Enabled

My FTTC stats example with 248m line length depend on SNR & attainable rate with G.INP enabled:
Code: [Select]
SNR: 21.0dB - 133000k

SNR: 18.0dB - 123000k

SNR: 15.0dB - 113000k

SNR: 12.0dB - 103000k

SNR: 9.0dB - 93000k

SNR: 6.0dB - 83000k

SNR: 3.0dB - 73000k

SNR: 0.0dB - 63000k
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 02:06:18 PM by adslmax »

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2018, 05:06:12 PM »

I better leave my modem alone (Billion 8800NL) as TP Link wireless router will take care of the rest, never turn modem off (unless if there is a power cut or power loss) have to leave it off until the power restored 100% solid. The problem is what if I am away and suddenly there is a power cut or a power loss and kept doing it might end DLM reduced speed or even banded again. Do u think it safe to shutdown modem whilke I am away on holiday or few days away?

If power failure is a concern and you feel you can justify the cost, a small(ish) UPS unit could be an option, obviously sized to what you wished to maintain power to and for how long, lots of good information on this available on line as usual.
Most would likely consider this OTT in a domestic environment, individual choice, modern units are quite compact and not that costly, a 1000 VA unit currently approx. £90, could get away with a smaller (cheaper) unit if desktop PC/VDU was not a maintained requirement.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »

If power failure is a concern and you feel you can justify the cost, a small(ish) UPS unit could be an option, obviously sized to what you wished to maintain power to and for how long, lots of good information on this available on line as usual.
Most would likely consider this OTT in a domestic environment, individual choice, modern units are quite compact and not that costly, a 1000 VA unit currently approx. £90, could get away with a smaller (cheaper) unit if desktop PC/VDU was not a maintained requirement.

Or perhaps this: http://www.powerinspired.com/brochures/BR-UPS-IP.pdf

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2018, 09:06:29 PM »

@Ixel

Very interesting, was not aware of these units or site, thank's for the link.

Would certainly be very cost effective where only 1 unit was required, eg., a router/modem with RPi powered from USB, however, if a separate router & modem was being used (which is the preference of quite a lot of users, I think including "max") requiring more than one unit then the cost would quickly become comparable to a small conventional UPS unit.

Of course, to maintain line synch on a separate router, modem setup, only the modem would require power backup protection so definate possibilities, if a RPi (Zero) was powered from the modem then DSLStats operation would also be maintained but upload path to MDWS would be lost during the power outage.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2018, 11:31:38 AM »

I was looking on mydslwebstats and notice there is amber light on and also noticed a drop of SNR (SNR missed a big gap) should I be concerned about this?

[attachment deleted by admin]

KingJ

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Miscellaneous Knowledge
« Reply #68 on: February 03, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »

Amazon sometimes have them on promotion.   

There are other manufacturers, but since I already had a HS100 for a quite a while and know they work well without needed a hub, so it was natural for my 2nd to be another HS100.

I was kicking myself before xmas as I realised I stupidly missed out on getting another for £9.99 :(

This is how I got mine previously - if anyone's after a cheap one in the future might be worth signing up to Amazon's Deal of the Day email. They also integrate very nicely with Home Assistant!

Anyway yes, back on topic. Glad to hear that your line is in a good state now Max! That's some positive news on the ISP initiated DLM reset trial.

I was looking on mydslwebstats and notice there is amber light on and also noticed a drop of SNR (SNR missed a big gap) should I be concerned about this?

If you click on the traffic lights on MyDSLWebStats, it'll pop up another window explaining why it's changed from Green to Yellow. Normally it's because Errored Seconds have hit a certain threshold. Which I think isn't something to be worried about if you're on G.INP since that'll be correcting the errors anyway and thus not something to be worried about? I'll leave it to someone with more knowledge than me to confirm if that's the case or not though!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:52:40 PM by KingJ »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: February 03, 2018, 11:39:47 AM »

The Errored Seconds will be what the retransmission has not been able to correct.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »

I was looking on mydslwebstats and notice there is amber light on

The amber light in that column means that you had some upstream error seconds.   You had a total of about 50 yesterday and  so far 34 for today which is nothing. 

I havent checked your stats,  but it is highly likely that g.inp is NOT enabled on your line for the upstream. 
DLM only applies upstream g.inp if the line needs it and I cant see any reason why it would for your line.

and also noticed a drop of SNR (SNR missed a big gap) should I be concerned about this?

There's also some other missing stats for the same period.  At a guess it looks like data wasnt being sent to MDWS during that period.   Was your PC off or in hibernation? 

-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 12:28:25 PM »

There's also some other missing stats for the same period.  At a guess it looks like data wasnt being sent to MDWS during that period.   Was your PC off or in hibernation?

Ah, that's explain why is this. Because I am switched from PC to Raspberry PI as it wasn't worked of uploading MDWS as it was my own fault because I forget to select modem / model in Raspberry PI. That's now has resolved. So, I can turn off PC. And leave Raspberry PI on at all times 24/7 365. :)

UPDATED: THe traffic light now turned back to GREEN :)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:29 AM »

Hi all, I just come home after away to my friends for two nights. I am so shocked to see 27 retrains on the line worse is between 9:39pm and 10:49pm and again at 12:59am last night with 27 email alerts of loss of resync as I went 'Oh great DLM is on the way today'. I will talk to my daughter later to find out what is going on and why it resync 27th times? :( :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2018, 11:02:18 AM »

That's a lot of re-syncs. Unfortunately in my experience I believe too many re-syncs will most likely apply banding and usually error correction as well.

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #74 on: February 05, 2018, 01:58:06 PM »

Hi Max,

If you look at the Loss of Service page on your MDWS, you can see that whatever happened started at 21:39 yesterday evening and the connection was bouncing up and down every couple of minutes up to 22:39 and then you had one further Loss of Service at 00:50 this morning.

What is slightly strange was whatever was causing the resyncs lasted for exactly one hour (if you ignore the final one).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6