Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: DLM Invoked Resync  (Read 14168 times)

andyfitter

• Reg Member
Re: DLM Invoked Resync
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »

It won’t help, as many people have said before. I’m still waiting for G.inp after 3 weeks. Be patient.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2018, 09:47:43 AM »

So typical of DLM love to keep them waiting and waiting for so long for weeks or months to get the speed increase but DLM are very quick degrade speed. Thank you very much nasty of Openreach DLM.

Thinking we all better off with full FTTP (80/20) without DLM on it.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2018, 11:17:17 AM »

I'd just leave it alone if I were you.
G.INP will arrive when it arrives - as Kitz has said this could be days or many weeks as there does not seem to be any pattern.
Rebooting the modem will make no difference.
 :)
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2018, 11:19:31 AM »

I leave it alone. As I am going away for couple of days. Won't be back until next Monday. (I do hope there won't be any power cut or power loss while I am away)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2018, 02:22:13 PM »

DLM has enabled G. INP on the line and resync at the maximum 79999k / 19999k after a long 57 days of waiting. Very happy now :) its appear btw DLM reset on the 29th January after 6pm is successfully.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »

Excellent news. :D

We told you it would and also told you that it was most likely to remove the banding, but we couldnt tell yet until G.INP had been re-applied.  It took 2 full days of stability so that wasn't too bad was it? 

I think you owe Anoush a big thank you.   
Not many ISP's would have recalled that you wanted a DLM reset and put your line forward as soon as he found out that Plusnet was now on the trial.
TBF I think he has been quite patient with you and done all he could under the circumstances.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:00 PM »

Re your crosstalker, your max attainable has dropped from  93320 to 82462. 
Considering we were working blind, that wasn't a bad estimate when I said:-

Your new crosstalker has taken away an estimated 11Mbps of headline speed.  Anoush will have no way of knowing this.

We were also right when we repeatedly said

As it stands at the moment there is not enough SNRM in your line to see if banding has been removed or not.   It may have been, but just right now your speed is being restricted because of INP (Interleaving) and not because of the banding cap.

You are fortunate that you are on a Huawei cab to have g.inp.  :)

It's not often I do the "told you so"..   but I think in this particular case it is well justified because we had to keep repeating ourselves.
So all along we correctly guessed what was happening at each step.   See... all it took was a little bit of patience from you.  ;)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2018, 04:35:05 PM »

Thanks Kitz, I am so lucky to have Huawei cabinet as Telford as large area with all Huawei fibre cabinets everywhere. I have sent a private message to thanks Anoush for all the work he try to help me to get my line back as where it was as before. I can't believe I am back on maximum 80/20 as to be honest I wasn't expecting that as I am prepared that my cabinet is crosstalker and could reduced my sync rate around 75. I can see that max attainable rate has dropped to 82462 (if that went below 80000, then my sync rate will start to drop) unless the cabinet DLM might try to adjust target SNR 3dB next step in future.

MY parents line is now on SNR target 3dB on their cabinet after GEA TEST showed that their line is on the 3dB by OR.

I better leave my modem alone (Billion 8800NL) as TP Link wireless router will take care of the rest, never turn modem off (unless if there is a power cut or power loss) have to leave it off until the power restored 100% solid. The problem is what if I am away and suddenly there is a power cut or a power loss and kept doing it might end DLM reduced speed or even banded again. Do u think it safe to shutdown modem whilke I am away on holiday or few days away?

Kitz, I do hope your line will go back to 80/20 soon with your cabinet (I am not sure if your is with ECI cabinet?) and hope Openreach will enabled G.INP on your line soon. And for others too.

My FTTC Stats History:

Code: [Select]
1st resync: 11th Nov 2017

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.5      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not available on VDSL2     
Connection speed (kbps):   79999      20000
SNR margin (dB):           8.3      13.9
Power (dBm):               12.4      -0.6
Interleave depth:          8      8
INP:                       46.00      47.00
G.INP:                     Enabled      Enabled

2nd resync: 12th Nov 2017

Downstream   Upstream
Connection speed (kbps):   73998      20000
SNR margin (dB):           10.1      14.0
Power (dBm):               12.5      -0.6
Interleave depth:          8      4
INP:                       52.00      55.00

3rd resync: 22nd Nov 2017

Downstream   Upstream
Connection speed (kbps):   74000      20000
SNR margin (dB):           10.0      14.4
Power (dBm):               12.4      -0.6
Interleave depth:          16      8
INP:                       49.00      47.00

4th resync: 26th Nov 2017

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.4      0.0
Connection speed (kbps):   74000      19999
SNR margin (dB):           9.9      15.1
Power (dBm):               12.5      -0.9
Interleave depth:          16      1
INP:                       49.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      Not Enabled

5th resync: 29th Jan 2018 (after 54 days stable)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.3      0.0
Connection speed (kbps):   69594      19999
SNR margin (dB):           6.2      15.2
Power (dBm):               12.5      -1.3
Interleave depth:          1363      1
INP:                       3.00      0
G.INP:                     Not Enabled      Not Enabled

6th resync: 1st February 2018 (at 1:45pm)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     11.3      0.0
Connection speed (kbps):   79999      19999
SNR margin (dB):           6.7      15.1
Power (dBm):               12.4      -1.3
Interleave depth:          8      1
INP:                       48.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      Not Enabled

« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 04:38:45 PM by adslmax »

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2018, 04:57:04 PM »

Max I am glad you are sorted.  For some reason I thought you were on eci cab!  It would also drive me nuts waiting for the DLM to do its job.  Great that plusnet appear to be trailing reset DLM abilities now without an engineer.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2018, 06:11:47 PM »

The problem is what if I am away and suddenly there is a power cut or a power loss and kept doing it might end DLM reduced speed or even banded again. Do u think it safe to shutdown modem whilke I am away on holiday or few days away?

I would be tempted to do so if I were you.   Quite a lot of lines can get spiky SNRM if they come back up after a power failure.    Most people wouldnt notice, but since it was the effects during power failure that got you banded and knowing how worried you get if DLM takes any action.  It would probably be best in your case.   DLM wont care if your line is shut down for a few days as lots of people turn their router off completely when they go on holiday.

Kitz, I do hope your line will go back to 80/20 soon with your cabinet (I am not sure if your is with ECI cabinet?) and hope Openreach will enabled G.INP on your line soon. And for others too.

Yes ECI, so no G.INP and no 3dB.   Line would probably cope fine at 3dB and it would take me back up to 80Mbps.   I still am sometimes able to sync at full 80Mbps, but its short-lived because its more of a case of my modem having syn'd before my cross talkers modem and then I can sit at 3dB SNRM for a while until I have to reboot my modem for some reason or other.

I also have a weird daily error spike, which is what sometimes triggers DLM for me, most of the time its OK and goes back to normal, but on occasion it will stick until I reboot the modem.    Up until fairly recently if I was going to be out all day then I would turn the modem off.   Now I have something in place with dslstats that alerts me if the error spike sticks.  The email alert goes to my mobile and using my mobile.  I can now reboot my modem remotely using Kasa and a TP-Link HS100 smart plug.

Gawd knows though when Openreach are going to do g.inp and 3dB on the ECI's.   Its dragged on a lot longer than any of us could have imagined.

Vectoring would be even better.   I saw someone on here recently whose line length was double mine yet with vectoring he was able to get about the same speed at me.   I think crosstalk has cost me nrly 40Mbps so far.... and even more when my line gets INP.   Thats more than a third of my original line rate gone due to FEXT.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 06:16:40 PM by kitz »
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2018, 07:18:16 PM »

I agree with you Kitz. I am sure I seen vectoring was enabled on my line once ages ago but it disappear since. Not sure. If G.Fast pod was installed on the PCP cabinet, will it enabled vectoring on FTTC / G.Fast?

My Cabinet isn't vectoring.

Code: [Select]
adsl info --vectoring
adsl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:    1
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 27625 Kbps, Downstream rate = 82462 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Vectoring state: 5
VCE MAC Address: 0:0:0:0:0:0
Total error samples Ethernet pkts sent: 0
Total error samples Ethernet pkts discarded: 0
Total error samples statuses sent: 0
Total error samples statuses discarded: 0
 >

As for Kasa and TP Link HS100 smart plus sound very interesting. My Billion 8800NL is the default main modem with wireless disabled and connected to my TP Link VR2600 wireless router http://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/smart-home/kasa.html
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:22:03 PM by adslmax »

andyfitter

• Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »

If you have a G.Fast Pod it will in no way affect the G.inp/Vectoring/xdB settings of FTTC. They are completely separate subsystems.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2018, 07:23:48 PM »

There is no G.Fast pod everywhere in Telford at present with all cabinets. If I ever seen one, I would take a photo and post here. I don't think we will be getting any G.Fast this year.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

I am sure I seen vectoring was enabled on my line once ages ago but it disappear since.

I thought I had once seen you provide some stats in the past which indicated vectoring..  and hence my confusion in this post here.     

It does seem highly unlikely though, because they wouldn't apply it and then take it away again.

As for Kasa and TP Link HS100 smart plus sound very interesting. My Billion 8800NL is the default main modem with wireless disabled and connected to my TP Link VR2600 wireless router

The Kasa app for mobile is free.   Need a HS100 which unfortunately are expensive right now, but they do have offers on them..  or there are other makes which may be cheaper.
There's a thread here about how I set it up with DSLstats.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

anything