Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DLM Invoked Resync  (Read 14173 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: DLM Invoked Resync
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »

Good news PN are now can reset DLM as part of the trial say below:

Excellent news, sounds like you are one of the first that PN did it for.   So it looks like both PN and BTr were added to the list of trial ISPs last week :)
This fully explains why you are now at the default profile.

As I and others have mentioned several times a DLM reset for Huawei cabs does not put you on Open Profile.   It's INP 3..  which is exactly what you are sitting at now.

Sorry I meant to put 74mbps, it was a typo. At the back end of last week I became aware that we can send accounts that meet certain criteria over to our suppliers to remotely reset the line as part of a Trial. So I sent your account over on Friday and a DLM reset was supposed to take place yesterday. But it looks like it might have not happened because your line is still banded at 74mbps. So far we've not had any feedback from our suppliers but I'll let you know when we do. It's a bit odd that g.inp was removed yesterday but not the banding. I'll let you know when/if we hear back from BTW. -Anoush

I'm concerned about this.   With GEA data always being out of date, it leaves the ISP a bit in the dark and we don't know for certain if that banding has been removed or not.

Its why I said there are 2 things going on with your line.   Your new crosstalker has taken away an estimated 11Mbps of headline speed.  Anoush will have no way of knowing this.

As it stands at the moment there is not enough SNRM in your line to see if banding has been removed or not.   It may have been, but just right now your speed is being restricted because of INP (Interleaving) and not because of the banding cap.

We really need a much better way to find out the current DLM profile. 

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 09:49:21 PM »

Max.   I know sometimes you don't always interpret things as intended.   Im going to try give you an example which may help clarify things.

Can you remember years ago when you had the old TP-link TDW-9980?  At that time your line stats and mine where quite similar in that we both had a headline speed of 90Mbps plus and similar surplus SNRM.

Since then I have experience several cross-talkers which have taken my line rate down to below 80Mbps and I currently sit at circa 72/73Mbps without interleaving.   The cross-talkers have eroded my SNRM so that now I cant sync at the full 80Mbps.    Sometimes I get INP 3 (interleaving) and this means my line wont sync above 67/68Mbps.

Your current sync of 69Mbps is the equivalent to my 67/68Mbps.  However you are fortunate being on a Huawei cab and have a very good chance of getting some speed back.  However because of the new cross-talker atm its looking unlikely to go back up to the full 80Mbps.   You may be lucky because of G.INP.  I cant and the highest my line will now sync is 73Mbps.   

Based on your current stats, when INP is removed you are perhaps looking at around 76/77 Mbps as a very rough figure.  Perhaps G.INP will give you a bit more.

Max:    Upstream rate = 27636 Kbps, Downstream rate = 83018 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 19999 Kbps, Downstream rate = 69594 Kbps

You cannot believe the max downstream rate because you currently have INP.   When you have INP, the max rate is always over-inflated and cannot be trusted.

Just to repeat what I said above, Anoush wont be aware of your new cross-talker.   I also don't know, how he knows if the line is currently banded or not and is just assuming because your sync is so much lower.  He will still be getting the old profile from GEA. 

So far we've not had any feedback from our suppliers but I'll let you know when we do.

I doubt he will get any feedback.  Its my understanding that the trial is a "One Shot" attempt and no feedback is ever given, regardless if the attempt is successful or fails. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »

Kitz

Yeah I guess you are correct there. When the G.INP switched back on, it will add another 6-7 Mbps to get to around 75/76 Mbps but if the target SNR3dB is enabled then it might add another 4Mbps to get the full 80 Mbps if DLM agree with target SNR 3dB cope well on my line if I am lucky.

But sooner or later, the more peoples added in my street cabinet will reduced more Mbps off the line. As for G.Fast come around sooner in the summer might get around 200Mbps down and 30Mbps up within 250metres if the cost is reasonable with PN.

Now, it look like the main reason of my FTTC DLM was resetted yesterday because of INP 3 and G.INP removed and SNR at 6dB. It's a question of how long to wait for the G.INP to return then DLM will decided if target SNR 3dB can applied or not.

It's a waiting game now to find out sooner or later. I was surprise that PN put forward my account to take part of BTw FTTC DLM remotely reset as I wasn't aware of this and never ask for it. Good on Anoush to put this forward for me.

And now everyones will know PN is one of the ISP taken part of FTTC DLM reset trial. But I think it restrict policy set by BTw and OR. (Possible my DLM reset is one last shot that's it, no more)

I expecting DLM will act overnight or on Thursday to put the G.INP enabled back on, because of Billion 8800NL does support G.INP as always is.

As for the GEA Test, yep it outdated and not up to dates. I can't remember how often does BTw sent the report of GEA Test back to the ISP to be updated? I reckon once every fortnightly for the profile time stamped.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 10:20:27 PM by adslmax »

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 10:21:06 AM »

Updated:

Overall very disappointed between PN and BTw as there is no response. Now PN closed the fault with no response from BTw and nothing more they can do about it, what a U-TURN. :(

Code: [Select]
Dear ***********,

As per my responses over the community forums, I submitted your account to our suppliers to remotely reset the line.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like this had worked as your service is still banded.

As the process is a trial we don't have a way of chasing this up I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Anoush

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:45 PM »

It's not a U-Turn.
I don't know how he can see your line is banded, you're not syncing high enough to check.
The GEA Test is 11 days out of date so will show banding for the next couple weeks. Just wait for G.INP to return.

You do NOT want them to try another DLM reset.
This will just mean the clock starts again and you will have longer to wait for G.INP and XdB snrm profiles.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »

It's not a U-Turn.
I don't know how he can see your line is banded, you're not syncing high enough to check.
The GEA Test is 11 days out of date so will show banding for the next couple weeks. Just wait for G.INP to return.

This ^.
I almost banged my head on the desk earlier because despite trying my utmost, information is not getting through properly :'(
How many times have we said Anoush wont know the latest line info nor know about the crosstalker.

there is no response.

As I said above.. there wont be.   It was specifically stated that there would not be as its an interim measure and not fully operational.
"Its my understanding that the trial is a "One Shot" attempt and no feedback is ever given, regardless if the attempt is successful or fails. "

Plusnet have tried.    It may well have worked.   
You wont know until G.INP comes back, or until a GEA test gives you the up to date profile, which could take a couple of weeks.

-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 02:54:40 PM »

I have to wait until G.INP will put it on itself on it own. PN say it will check GEA Test again in two weeks time from today. So, I have to wait and see for the DLM to do itself.

Kitz any idea how long to wait for DLM to put G.INP enabled after resetted? I have no idea of how long it will take.

On the DSLStats I have notice SNR went up to 8dB then went back down to 6dB around 12pm today

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »

Kitz any idea how long to wait for DLM to put G.INP enabled after resetted? I have no idea of how long it will take.

No-one does.   It can take a few days, it may take a couple of weeks.

On the DSLStats I have notice SNR went up to 8dB then went back down to 6dB around 12pm today

Which is typical behaviour of what happens when they turn their modem off.   The fact that you've had a few spikes in the past few days within the same range is what makes me 99.9% certain that you have a new crosstalker.   

-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »

Fibre is getting worse and worsen now as speed was all over the place all day today.

Something isn't right. Very high ping at over 300ms and speed range from 12Mbps to 64Mbps down and 14Mbps to 19Mbps up.

Via ethernet as usually as always is.

BTw speedtest isn't working for my line say The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 09:48:42 PM by adslmax »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 10:04:09 PM »

Clearly there is something not right with your service, at the moment.  :o

Please don't become obsessive over it, Max.

Make a note of the relevant parameters, along with the date & time. There's nothing else that you can do. Just use it as best you can. Tomorrow will be another day.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 11:46:03 PM »

BT Speedtester work now but at the wrong throughput speed. LOL

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 12:24:53 AM »

Download Speed 426.8 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed 67.36 Mbps

Upload Speed 14.37 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed 20 Mbps

Something slightly amiss, I think.  :D
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

jaydub

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2018, 12:30:44 AM »

BT Speedtest far from accurate for me.

The response from the IDNet Service Desk was not to use it as it is known to be inaccurate on VDSL.

Pretty damning if that is the case.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2018, 12:32:19 AM »

Funny is some ISPs ask to use BTw speedtester as BT will check it as a proof. I agree BTw speedtest is a waste of space and outdated (is ok on ADSL / ADSL2+)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »

Is it ok for me to switch off Billion 8800NL for at least 40 minutes and then turn it back on and see what happen next or best leave it alone and let the DLM do the job itself (been connected for 2 days, 15 hours since DLM resetted) as I probably thinking if I did shutdown modem and maybe G.INP will kicked in or make no difference?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6