Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Wiring cover plate in garage - about to convert garage - advice please  (Read 13823 times)

bogof

• Reg Member
Re: Wiring cover plate in garage - about to convert garage - advice please
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:53 PM »

Thank you all for the posts.  I am indeed going to proceed on the basis discussed above - it all looks pretty sound now, I've always been able to sync above 84/24 due no doubt to close proximity to cab, and if I do have to pay to move it in future it probably won't be any more than I would have had to pay today (and might even not be for me to be pay at all in a fault situation).

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2018, 09:42:29 PM »

You've ruined my weekend, anfield !!! 'Midland Shelf Cabs' ......  :'( :wall: :wall: :rant: :rant: ........ no doubt a stock presence in your own locality, going off your given distance from Scouseland ??!!  :) :)

I'd say MSC's are approx. 5% of our make-up on the SOM patch .... but there's (I believe) a national programme upcoming to have these removed and replaced with the latest push-connection Cabs ?? We'll see.  ::) :)

The majority of our problem underground estates are deffo the 60/70's with frontage tees. One estate in particular started to see a plethora of faults coming on about 15yrs ago and it's known as 'JB23 alley' these days. Ha ha, it all adds to the fun and frustration.

Deathstar

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »

Off topic but having worked all over the country on lodge it is interesting seeing how the network differs in different areas, there is a video on the BT archives website (titled Underground distribution on housing estates and found here https://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/BTsHistory/BTfilmarchive/1970s/index.htm) that shows some of the many different methods that were tried. I also find it amusing coming across lodge engineers in my patch with 20yrs experience who have never worked in a midland shelf pcp or jointing post/brick!

Really enjoyed watching that, and I can conclude that I am on radial.
VMG1312-B10A Bridge Mode to ASUS DSLAC68U
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]