Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Things We Keep ...  (Read 7928 times)

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
Things We Keep ...
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:54:31 AM »

...but have no use for

I have a set of beautiful place mats depicting british wildlife, I think they came from my mothers when I cleared the house out. Now never in a month of Sundays am I going to use them, I sit at a table or use a lap tray, I just cann't bring myself to get rid of them 'cos they are just too nice. So they sit in a box gathering dust, stupid I know.

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
Re: Things We Keep ...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:11:48 AM »

Yep I have a house full of stuff too good to throw away.  My hubby despairs...

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »

why dont we start a swap-shop then to get rid of unwanted items and gain things we need?

Paul

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 11:18:05 AM »

Good idea Pwiggler :)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

scottiesmum

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:32:30 AM »

I've been 'clearing out' the garden shed this morning , it's my 'glory hole' where I tend to plonk things I don't have any 'immediate' use  for ...and it was at the stage where I couldn't get in it !!    I've been extremely ruthless and the car boot is full .... I'll  recycle by taking it to a French friend who is a hoarder he will root through and take out  anything that might be useful, which will probably be ALL of it ......  BUT I DO have something for the swap shop .....  an ENORMOUS, sparrow sized, spider ... it's got knees !!!!    as long as I KNOW where it is I can cope with it !!      any takers ??? :lol:

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »

why dont we start a swap-shop then to get rid of unwanted items and gain things we need?

I suggested something like that a long time ago on our housing web-site, but they said the legal ramifications on the host site could be in trouble if things went wrong especially with the likes of electrical goods and remember a HDD, Printer, Modem are all electrical items or just faulty goods in general.

"But then they always manage to fob-off any good idea"

>> why dont we start a swap-shop then to get rid of unwanted items and gain things we need?
Free, no swap necessary.
1. One x partner.
(Oops, just remembered, already traded her in years ago. Just goes to show how much I miss her) ;D

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »

.....  an ENORMOUS, sparrow sized, spider ... it's got knees !!!!    as long as I KNOW where it is I can cope with it !!

Spiders are good, they keep the flies at bay.

scottiesmum

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »

OF....    this will keep more than flies away, the size of it   :D..    I like spiders actually ....   hate moths ! 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:40 AM »

an ENORMOUS, sparrow sized, spider ... it's got knees !!!!

Have you been sampling the products of your vineyard a bit early in the day Kate? :lol:
  Eric

Yorkie

• Kitizen
  • I'm working on my warm and fluffy side
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 02:11:39 PM »

I'm with you on the spider front, as long as I know where they are and they are not heading straight towards me I'm ok.
Daddy Long Legs are the ones that give me the heebie jeebies.

chrissie

• Kitizen
  • little sweetie
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 07:42:34 AM »

I've been 'clearing out' the garden shed this morning , it's my 'glory hole' where I tend to plonk things I don't have any 'immediate' use  for ...and it was at the stage where I couldn't get in it !!    I've been extremely ruthless and the car boot is full .... I'll  recycle by taking it to a French friend who is a hoarder he will root through and take out  anything that might be useful, which will probably be ALL of it ......  BUT I DO have something for the swap shop .....  an ENORMOUS, sparrow sized, spider ... it's got knees !!!!    as long as I KNOW where it is I can cope with it !!      any takers ??? :lol:

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH..... kill, kill kill..... OMG how can you cope with that Kate..... I'd be outta there like a shot..... I shake when I see them...   Have to spray the front and back door with my spider stop every day so none come in the house... arrrgh.

Mind you.... can I borrow your French friend please??  I've go so much stuff to clear out and get rid of, he might like to have a root through my... erm.... rubbish too hehehe

Chrissie
Don\\'t go to sleep ANGRY!!!  Stay awake and plot your revenge......

scottiesmum

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »

Chrissie,  I'll  tell him you want to show him your etchings .........  oo la la  !  :D   ..... I've just been to check up on 'Teddy the tarantula'   :lol:   it's still in it's corner -  I've even "dusted" around it so that it can move around a bit easier !   ;) 

Eric .....    :o   as if  !!  :drunk: ;D

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 09:52:56 AM »

Chrissie, don't go buying grapes from ASDA if you don't like tarantulas:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/suffolk/7399412.stm

(according to the Anglia News report, ASDA gave the woman a £5 shopping voucher as compensation)
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

Achilles Last Stand

• Kitizen
  • http://www.saveplanetrock.co.uk/ Save Planet Rock!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 11:07:41 AM »

I'm always wary of bananas in Supermarkets for fear of large/nasty/black/beastie spiders... I pick them up at arms length in case I have to run for my life  :o 

me + spiders =  :no:

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:33:48 AM »

Steph with a spider:

[attachment deleted by admin]
  Eric
Pages: [1] 2