Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My Line Stats. Thoughts and opinions needed.  (Read 1414 times)

V_R

• Reg Member
My Line Stats. Thoughts and opinions needed.
« on: January 11, 2018, 09:41:58 PM »

Hey guys,

Following my previous thread and the issues I was having with Plusnet etc, I moved back to ZEN today. It switched over at just after midnight on the 10th.

The same day that OR decide to reshell the cabinet I'm connected to as it was an older looking one and I assume they are prepping it for a G.Fast pod as it must be one of the last one here that doesn't yet had one added to it and its now a nice new and shiney one.

As of 8am this morning (11th) I've been seeing a lot of Errored Seconds. Something that I've never had many of in the past. I'm all red on the DS with 8898 at the moment according to the traffic lights on MDWS... :|

I've also been seeing some interference on the DS SNR too, as seen in the screenshot attached. This started last Thrusday, I know its a long shot, but any thoughts what might be causing it!?

I'm .Sam. (at the top) on MDWS: https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/Container.htm - if anyone can take a look and let me know what you think that would be greatly appreciated as I'm no expert when it comes to the line stats.

Thank you!

Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: My Line Stats. Thoughts and opinions needed.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:23 PM »

I would imagine dlm will at some point apply G.INP seeing as you are on huawei. Perhaps you had it before and then lost it when your ISP changed and hence now seeing more errors than you did before..

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 10:04:34 PM »

Yes I did have G.INP when I was with Zen originally up until the end of October. Then when I moved to Plusnet I just got a bunch of interleaving. (Thats not why I jumped out of my contract early with PN, it was because my speeds were terrible with them, but they were 3Mb above my MGALS and was basically told by support 'tough ****, you dont need 75Mb anyway' - but that's another story)

Hoping G.INP will be applied soon...
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »

yup. wait and see-  some say anything up to 6 weeks. one of my family lines was within 2 weeks so let's hope it's not too long  for you ....

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 08:00:44 PM »

Well the ES stopped as quickly as they started, but the damage was done I think. Back to interleaving.

Now I'm getting millions of FEC errors. Way more than I've ever seen before.

Average error rates for 12 Jan 2018

CRC erors per hour:  0.16 Down,  97.2 Up
FEC erors per hour:  2055796 Down,  553 Up
HEC erors per hour:  1.09 Down,  0 Up
ES per hour:  0.94 Down,  4.21 Up
SES per hour:  0.78 Down,  0 Up

Anything to worry about?