Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Blackie aka bert monkey  (Read 835 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Blackie aka bert monkey
« on: February 02, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »

The first three kittens that we ever had were two girls and a black male kitten, imaginatively called Blackie, but my uncle gave him the alternative name of Bert Monkey which also stuck in part.

I was thinking about Blackie this morning for some reason. Once he was in Janet's shoulder. He had been admiring the lightbulb for some time. It was inside a wire-paper spherical lantern. Seizing his chance finally, Blackie reached up and crawled in through the hole in the bottom of the lightshade. Of course the lantern then immediately gave up the ghost and down came kitten and lantern in a coil of wire, landing on the bed. Paralysed by laughter we could now only look on as Bert the Monkey was now jammed with his shoulders through the hole and four paws on the bed, an unholy cross between an off-the shoulder evening gown and a tutu. Wearing the giant paper tutu, like the rings of saturn, with wire still coiling up attached to the ceiling the laughter was now turning into agony as he staggered around in the bed, Brownian motion and couldn't see is own feet. Eventually the lack of navigational information due to the rings of saturn tutu mean that he wandered or staggered too far, and completely fell off the bed, tutu and all. Eyes treamung and gasping for air we rescued the traumatised kitten who probably shared not in the humour, and then went off for a rest to recover.

Westie

• Kitizen
Re: Blackie aka bert monkey
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »

I can just see it now!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

anything