Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Forum registration and use of VPNs  (Read 9114 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Forum registration and use of VPNs
« on: April 08, 2017, 06:12:40 PM »

We have recently had a few attempts for new users to register for the forums whilst using a VPN service.  In light of the UK ISP Internet Snooping act we fully understand why so many people may wish to use VPN services.

However the downside to using one of the many free/cheaper services is that it is possible to be allocated an IP that has in the past been used by spammers.  We have several anti-spam measures in place, one of which is if your VPN IP is on the spam database, then application to register will automatically be rejected without further notification.

Whilst we respect your wish for anonymity, please also respect that we are a family friendly community and have zero tolerance towards bots and spammers.  This makes a better and much nicer environment for our existing members.

If you are using a VPN and are having difficulty registering, it is highly likely that your allocated IP is one of those previously used by known spammers.  We suggest that you temporary turn off your VPN just whilst completing the registration form.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Forum registration and use of VPNs
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 10:47:40 PM »

I'd just like to bump the above post as a reminder for new members attempting to register with the forum. 
Even though your other details may be genuine, we have various anti-spam measures in place.  If you are using a VPN in to register with the forum and the IP is on one of the spam databases we check against, then any application to register will be automatically rejected without notification. 

If you are using a VPN and are having difficulty registering, it is highly likely that your allocated IP is one of those previously used by known spammers.
We suggest that you temporary turn off your VPN just whilst completing the registration form.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker