Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Access DSLstats Tp Link VR2800v  (Read 8384 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Access DSLstats Tp Link VR2800v
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 08:47:07 PM »

Thank you, but I am quite capable of using binwalk myself. The file system is not encrypted.

A few days ago I was reading the Wikipedia article on LZ77 compression, and I suspect that may be what's used on the config files. Even if I am correct, I still don't have the time to do the necessary work, and if it's going to encourage more people to actually use TP-Link routers, I'd rather not bother really.

fosseperme

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2018, 09:45:37 AM »

Thank you, but I am quite capable of using binwalk myself. The file system is not encrypted.

A few days ago I was reading the Wikipedia article on LZ77 compression, and I suspect that may be what's used on the config files. Even if I am correct, I still don't have the time to do the necessary work, and if it's going to encourage more people to actually use TP-Link routers, I'd rather not bother really.

i tried to compress in LZ77 and the file obtained is very small (7KB), similar to that generated by the router, but the the router don't accept it, says "file not valid". However Tplink release me the GPL code for vr2800v at this link http://static.tp-link.com/resources/gpl/GPL_VR2800vV1.tar.gz
it can be useful?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 08:10:52 PM »

The GPL source code released does not include the source code for various proprietary software components, including most of the custom TP-Link software. So no, it's not useful, it does not contain the source code for the part you are interested in.

fosseperme

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 11:33:44 PM »

I have resolved the mistery...the problem is checksum!!!
I tried to modify the md5 hash of the original bin with this software http://imristo.com/hash-manager-change-the-hash-of-any-file/ and i take, on the original bin file, the same error (file error) of the bin modified!

foxtrot_yankee

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:26 PM »

Sorry to bump an old thread. Did your last post mean you got it working?
Pages: 1 [2]

anything