Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 2018 - ECI Cabinet Predictions?  (Read 1303 times)

art37

2018 - ECI Cabinet Predictions?
« on: December 27, 2017, 10:23:38 AM »

What, if any, improvements are those of us served by ECI cabinets likely to see in 2018?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
Re: 2018 - ECI Cabinet Predictions?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »

I predict at least Ginp and hope for 3db.

The information on this forum seems reliable and hopefully a wider trial of Ginp will start quickly in the new year.

Let's hope people start to report more ECI users with Ginp on MDWS.  If unchanged there were at least 1 or 2 on MDWS that never had it removed from when it was switched on last time so they have have trialled it for 2 years with no problems.

Personally I wish they speeded up the process they seem to be slowing the implementation for no real reason.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:34:28 AM by ktz392837 »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 12:22:31 PM »

sadly I am unconvinced we will see g.inp any time soon. as from previous emails I shared from OR the last I had implied several months of a trial and then a review of the data so to me it sounds like a long long time away if at all.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 02:06:18 PM »

I just have a feeling G.INP will get further delays or perhaps disappear into the void eventually, never to transpire. Subsequently 3 dB won't happen either if that doesn't. There's been too many issues with ECI DSLAM's and unfortunately they were a mistake for Openreach, a big mistake, but even if G.INP never happens Openreach certainly won't be obliged to replace them with Huawei. It's wrong that there should be a two tier FTTC service at the same price (three if you count vectoring) but sadly that's the way things are.

anything