Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Re: Advice needed - Is my line capped/banded? #2b  (Read 2371 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Advice needed - Is my line capped/banded? #2b
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:43:58 PM »

This is why I left plusnet because the fault team refused to send out engineer to reset DLM on my line because plusnet just follow BTW checker as an estimated speed 70.6-80.0 is accepted for my line. I know it all bullshit because my line can do full sync rate of 80 meg as my cabinet is closer to me. Also the fault team kept repeated saying all fibre by openreach doesn't have any banding at all. Only on bt wholesale DLM. Not openreach DLM. So I left them and join virgin media cable instead. Just had enough and tiring fight with plusnet over banded on my line. And refused to get engineer to reset open profile if I am happy to pay £65 fee by openreach if there is no faults at my property but the fault team say you could be charged and even worse case the engineer might not reset DLM at all and you would waste your fee of £65 for nothing. They asked me to leave it to DLM to do it itself but they say there is no banding for all fttc. I know it all rubbish talk.

My line was banded @74Meg from 80Meg since 12th Nov 2017 and nothing has changed ever since until today. But my FTTC will be cease on 19th Dec anyway.

You can check my current live FTTC stat via online https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/HG612-MultUsersLivei.htm with my username adslmax

I could play around with modem and thrashing it resync every minutes and let DLM reduced my line down to 0Meg banded for all I care! Cos I using cable broadband.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:07:16 PM by kitz »

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Re: Advice needed - Is my line capped/banded?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:04:08 PM »

Who would like to have my FTTC 80/20 as it all YOUR if u wish! Spare at the cabinet after cease Dec 19th.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Advice needed - Is my line capped/banded?
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »

Max stop it.  You've brought up your banding yet again in a thread whereby the OP isn't banded.
He has had an Openreach engineer out and the Engineer refused to do a reset. 

The OP is already aware of your case and just last week asked you not to invade his thread last week, but you've done it again.

Please let that sink in.  Plusnet sent out an engineer and the engineer refused to do a reset!
It would not have mattered which ISP you were with.. you would likely have come across exactly the same hurdles.

Consider this a warning to think before you type about something irrelevant.   I've split off your posts this time.   Next time I wont be so lenient.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »

So I left them and join virgin media cable instead. Just had enough and tiring fight with plusnet over banded on my line.

So much for all that advice to just leave things alone, and wait. If you did that, you wouldn't have had a tiring fight with Plusnet.

I know it all rubbish talk.

They're certainly getting some things wrong, but it isn't all rubbish.

But it is all unnecessary. Especially for someone vulnerable.

You are unhealthily obsessed with your broadband speed. Please do as TBB suggested: seek help. Remember: It was your choice to have that tiring fight, and you could have chosen differently. For your health, you need to be making different choices.

(Obsession gauge: I've had internet access at home for 24 years. In that time, I've had 2 ISPs. Conclusion: I'm obsessed by using the internet. But I'm not obsessed with blaming the ISP for every little mis-step along the way)

for all I care! Cos I using cable broadband.

At least until VM does something to annoy you yet again.

Until you learn to make better choices, this will be merely the next step in an ongoing process. Not an end.

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: Advice needed - Is my line capped/banded? #2a
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »

So, PN are telling lied about there is no banding for any FTTC DLM, they declined it. They say the only banded is from BTw for ADSL/ADSL2+ only.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 02:06:41 PM by kitz »

michty_me

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »

No one said anything about banding. I said I had a stuck profile.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:00 PM »

No one said anything about banding. I said I had a stuck profile.
Confusion of terms. Your post above describes a banded sync rate/DLM profile. A stuck profile as described in Kitz post above would not require an OpenReach engineer.
So, PN are telling lied about there is no banding for any FTTC DLM, they declined it. They say the only banded is from BTw for ADSL/ADSL2+ only.
I hate to see people get banned Max. Kitz gave you a warning 4 hours ago for posting in everyone's thread about banding. 3 hours later you're doing it again. You have 2 or 3 threads of your own you discuss your banding.

Plusnet are NOT lying. The OP is NOT banded.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 01:37:03 PM »

Is that with plusnet? If so. They don't care about customers anymore

V_R

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 02:01:06 PM »

Well that confused me.. Thanks for splitting the topic. ;)
Zen Internet (80/20) on a Huawei 288 cab, via HG612 and an Asus RT-AC86U running Merlin FW.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »

Sorry max.   I warned you this morning about posting in others threads.
That's twice now within the past few hours that I've had to split off posts which weren't relevant & 3 times in the same thread you've taken it off-topic.

Its not fair on the original poster when you keep going off on a tangent for something which is not relevant to the OP. 
- It makes things confusing for others trying to read the thread.
- Its not fair on the OP
- Its more work for me and the mods.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything