Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: More line changes :/  (Read 973 times)

myriad

More line changes :/
« on: December 12, 2017, 04:16:18 PM »

Following on from my last post made quite some time ago here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19498.msg345628.html#msg345628 and before that here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19024.msg338633.html#msg338633

My line had been going along pretty flawlessly until a few weeks ago, it started to have massive noise on the line (seen on mydslwebstats as huge dips in the SNRM) and lots of drop outs. That lasted for a few days and caused syncs to drop from what had been a stable 34999kbps since March. I can't remember what the lowest was, maybe 17000kbps or slightly worse. After a few days of this the SNRM suddenly went completely clean and I synced at 41000kbps (I believe this mysteriously coincided with a Friday afternoon). After a few days it went back to being super noisy again and then fairly recently it has cleaned up again and for the second time (previously had this for 2 weeks earlier this year) applied G.INP to my upstream - the downstream was added around March this year for the first time having being interleaved for some time.

I think Openreach have been screwing with the exchange, potentially because there are a bunch of new houses being built not far from me right now so they have upgraded some stuff (complete speculation), end result is that I have lost 10000kbps of sync even though my attainable is now apparently 43854kbps (best attainable I've ever seen was sub 40000kbps) :(

Of course for the first time ever my router decided to lock up and on a separate day decided it needed a reboot to make the 2.4Ghz WiFi work this week so even though the line has been solid I have at least two resyncs on record :<

« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:24:46 PM by myriad »

myriad

Re: More line changes :/
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:22:18 PM »

Adding ES chart, don't seem to be able to add images to existing posts. You can see the remnant of the bad connection and it suddenly going perfect at the same time a the resync happened.