Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Washington Post - Kasperksy software used by Russians as a spy tool.  (Read 4280 times)

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: Washington Post - Kasperksy software used by Russians as a spy tool.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 01:28:56 PM »

Heh. Evidence or I don't believe it. We could also claim that certain US vendors were used by the United States, though that was more due to their dodgy software basically functioning as a root kit for anyone who knew what to prod at, and given the NSA gets to review source code I've no doubt they had a good idea of vulnerabilities.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »

Kapersky is back in the news again this weekend

The British government has issued a fresh warning about the security risks of using Russian anti-virus software.

BBC link

Barclays has stopped offering free Kaspersky anti-virus products to new customers following an official warning about Russian security software.
The bank emailed 290,000 online banking customers on Saturday to say the move was a "precautionary decision".

BBC news

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:25:09 AM »

From link
Mr Kaspersky said that if he was ever asked by the Russian state to hand over data he would move his company out of the country.

Well why doesn't he do that before the state does? Even then I have doubts one could be sure about it.

Over in the Plusnet forum some one had picked up that Kapersky were advising that to guarantee clean removal their special uninstaller should be used. Surely suspect AV + same co's uninstaller needs some thought.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything