Computers & Hardware > Hardware - Deals & Bargains

Amazon Echo Dot £34.99 - Black Friday

(1/3) > >>

phi2008:
Echo Dot £34.99/Echo £69.99  :)

Ronski:
Thanks Phil, I've just received and set up my Echo.

Mainly to use for playing music in the kitchen, I got fed up with the frankly awful sound from the CD player we have in there and all the CD cases stuck on the side. It's smaller than I though it would be, but the sound quality is pretty good.

We'll have to see how she grows on the family, it'll be interesting.

phi2008:
I mainly use mine as a WiFi voice activated radio and alarm clock at the moment ... first thing that'll probably strike you is how good the voice recognition is, second thing is the seven far-field mics capture your voice from quite a distance.

Ronski:
What struck me was the weight and sound quality. Voice recognition has been a bit off at times, but it's on a window cill so not the ideal 8" away from walls, and of course she's still learning as are we.

kitz:
I find voice recognition on mine excellent.  She will (hopefully) learn the more you use her. 

I use mine all the time, ask it questions, timers, reminders, shopping lists, music, works with the tp-link smart plug.   
There's also a huge list of skills that you can add on.  eg what on TV.  Wheelie bin reminder and lots of fun stuff.

--- Quote ---We'll have to see how she grows on the family, it'll be interesting.
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid they can become quite addictive,  everyone I know who bought one has ended up buying at least one more. 
My brother has just ordered his 4th (or 5th if you include the limited abilities of the firestick).  Couple of other friends have ordered another during this latest offer. 
Then someone else I know ordered his first one on Friday, but by Saturday evening was saying he wanted another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version