Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.0.11  (Read 11036 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.0.11
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2017, 12:59:44 PM »

@Korben_Dallas: Did version 6.0.11 work properly for some time before this started happening? If so, it could be an issue with the HG612, and it would be worth rebooting that to check it out. Otherwise, is the Pi directly connected to the HG612 by ethernet, or by WiFi? If it's WiFi, there can be intermittent problems with that.
  Eric

Korben_dallas

« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »

Hi Roseway,

The version worked for some time without any issues, the HG612 connected via a ethernet directly into the router and the pi itself is connected by ethernet into the netgear switch.

The HG612 itself had been online for over 4 months until lunchtime when it mysteriously rebooted itself.

I have re-enabled MyDSLWebStats and am going to monitor.

Any thoughts on the Billion 8800NL R2, I was thinking of replacing the HG612 which I have had for over 3 years?

Cheers

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2017, 02:59:46 PM »

Apologies for jumping in, another factor to bear in mind is that micro SD cards have a limited life, there are records on the forum of failures of cards in RPi, DSLStats service, usually quite drastic, program won't boot or such, just a thought ?
Running DSLStats to MDWS involves quite a heavy shedule of reading from & writing to the SD card which can reduce it's life span considerably.

Ref. the Billion 8800NL R2, I bought one S/H from a forum member for use on my daughters PN VDSL line to replace her PN Hub One which has very limited stat's provision capabilities, very pleased with it's performance, running DSLStats on a RPi Zero W to MDWS, her ID is "cruth211", not a very good line, lots of noise but can't fault the router.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

Korben_dallas

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2017, 03:41:57 PM »

Thanks for the input,

Am using a PiDrive with the RPi and this handles the likes of DSLStats and the Weather Program.  I suffered issues with SD Cards previously so hence got the PiDrive.

Cheers

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2017, 05:56:03 PM »

Ahh, thanks for the tip on the PiDrive, had never thought of this option, looks interesting, may consider for my RPi 3, I'am still using my very old RPi1B for DSLStats and two RPi Zero W's for the kids systems, if I get a couple of years out of a micro SD card on these I will be happy.

Other forum members have reported this sort of card life span on their RPi/DSLStats systems, time will tell ?
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]