Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: High Retx affects on the IPprofile  (Read 11489 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: High Retx affects on the IPprofile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2017, 02:20:54 AM »

interesting info newt about how sessions take a while to timeout, it may explain the recent reports of stuck ip profiles.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2017, 04:57:34 AM »

Ah, that's actually extremely valuable information.
Your previous post had poured cold water on my theory that Bearer 0 INP-REIN was a direct indicator of retransmission low or high.

With that, I'm still of the belief that...
Bearer 0 INP_REIN = 0 is retx low and
Bearer 0 INP_REIN = 1 is retx high

Yes j0hn, you could well be correct.

In my case I have never seen anything other than Bearer 0 INP_REIN at 0 but have always assumed I was on retx high since G.Inp application by virtue of the DS data throughput ratio being approx. 91%, however, after my PPP session refresh on Friday and the resulting change in DS IP profile looks like I have in fact always been on retx low, this now being reflected in the new DS throughput ratio figure of 96.68%.

As reported earlier, absolutely nothing else that I can see in any parameter has changed as a result of the PPP session refresh, only DS IP profile.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2017, 05:57:33 AM »

It tries retx low within a couple days if the line is stable enough. Your line perhaps wasn't stable enough.
Since my line went to a lower xdB profile I've been on retx high. Looks like most on a lower xdB profile are on retx high.

I have a theory that:

You may be able to test this theory on my line.

It went to 5dB on 5 October, with an INP of 57 and at the same time switched to Bearer 0 INP_REIN = 1.

I have now fixed a wiring issue I had and would expect DLM to shortly reverse the changes it made.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2017, 06:22:42 AM »

@gt94sss2

Yes, that will be interesting indeed, would be good to have a positive marker on retx high/low profile, would certainly help to avoid confusion as per my situation where DS throughput ratio indicated retx high but the DS IP profile appears not to have updated until a PPP session refresh was carried out.

Will watch your MDWS stat's with interest as I'am sure j0hn will eagerly awaiting DLM intervention.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2017, 04:45:22 PM »

Ah, that's actually extremely valuable information.
Your previous post had poured cold water on my theory that Bearer 0 INP-REIN was a direct indicator of retransmission low or high.

With that, I'm still of the belief that...

j0hn, some positive feedback for your theory:

By line had a DLM intervention, early hours of this morning, changes noted:
DS I/L changed from 8 to 4 (first change since G.Inp activation)
B0 INP changed from 47 to 52 (first change since G.Inp activation)
DS SNRM changed from 6.8 to 5.7
B0 INP_REIN changed from 0 to 1 (first change since G.Inp activation)
DS synch was the highest I have ever had @ 39595 Kbps.

For MDWS reference, my G.Inp activation date was 27/07/17.

Unfortunately, I did not notice the DLM re-synch this morning and carried out a planned outage to replace my router/modem DSL cable, would have liked to have seen my DS IP profile after the DLM re-synch, too late now.

After my planned re-synch, my DS IP profile has certainly decreased from yesterday and my DS data throughput ratio is now 92%, was approx. 97%.

Looks like I am now on retx high profile and yes, the B0 INP_REIN state of 1 appears to be a positive indication of this.
I read in another post by one of the "BTOR members" that B0 INP in the 50's could also be an indicator of retx high profile, again, my experience would seem to conform to this thinking.

As to why DLM intervened this morning:
I have an exceptionally stable and noise free line (see MDWS), the only reason I can think of is I put my ZyXEL1312A into full modem/router service on Friday, retiring my HG612, after a 30 min. + S/D. I had a few re-synch attempts until I worked out that the DSL LED being orange means VDSL synch OK (finally read the manual) was expecting green, definately no more than 3 attempts, is DLM punishing me for this ?

Edit 6/11/17:

On closer examination of MDWS noted an occurance of 11 SES's (very unusual to record any on my line) just before the DLM intervention, perhaps a contributory factor ?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 01:56:14 PM by tiffy »

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2017, 05:23:25 PM »

I had a few re-synch attempts until I worked out that the DSL LED being orange means VDSL synch OK (finally read the manual) was expecting green, definately no more than 3 attempts, is DLM punishing me for this ?

How close together were the re-syncs? I've noticed in the past if I re-sync too often within a short timeframe it'll make DLM intervene the following day.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2017, 05:50:12 PM »

Quite close as the orange DSL LED on the ZyXEL 1312 confused me, was expecting green and had foolishly not consulted the manual at that stage.

Yes, I normally obey the 2 X 15 min. rule on any planned re-synch's as per kitz's excellent knowledge base, just panicked a bit on this occasion.

I have had input from "NeutronStar" on the DLM re-synch, advises that it could be the start of the xdB profile change program as my DS SNRM did decrease as a result of the re-synch ?

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »

Had the PN free US speed change applied this morning, DS synch rate currently to expectation for my line.

Did note that my retx profile appears to have returned to low with the associated re-synch, again, the observations confirm "j0hn's" theory on B0 INP_REIN state which reverted to zero, also DS interleaving reverted to 8 and INP to 48, practically the same as pre last re-synch on 7/11/17 when retx high profile was applied.

I did loose just over 3 Mbps on DS synch rate but my DS data throughput rate has just marginally dropped, presumably now at close to 97% TP ratio again.
Can't get my BRAS IP profile as currently neither the BT WS performance tester, "further diagnostics" or the "mouselike" checker will complete.

My DS SNRM has increased by approx 2dB so will likely get some future DLM intervention on that.

So, looks like the B0 INP_REIN state is a clear indicator of retx profile state.
Perhaps even INP being >50 as has been stated by other forum members ? 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:07:42 PM by tiffy »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything