Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Samsung Digital Camera  (Read 4864 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Samsung Digital Camera
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:56:10 AM »

This looks a nice spec camera for any one thinking of starting out in photography.A good price as well.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=143491&sourceid=6472

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Samsung Digital Camera
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 11:31:06 AM »

Yes, that looks pretty good for the money, and the reviews seem to be generally very favourable.
  Eric

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Samsung Digital Camera
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

I any one is thinking of buying a digi camera I would recomend any 2 or 3 you my be interested in. Try then in a shop with the same shot particuarly with a shot which has at least a third of the frame with a gently graduated tone. Or anything like a clear sky or consistant cloud cover.

The reason I say this is that how many mega pixels is half the story, the metering and rendition of tones is the other half.

Some digi shots with sky in the backround cone out with distinct bands wher the colour ans shade appear the same so far, then the shade and tone change dramaticaly, so you end up with stripes.

The more itterations a camera can process ( the same goes for scanners and printers) the more gradual the end result will be.

My dad liked the sound of a camera from the write ups, I went to look at it in a shop (chrissy pressy) I took a shot of the shop ceiling toward the back of the shop, and tried 2 other models and asked to ender the shots on the same pc. One of the others clearly had a smother rendition of the bright ceiling near me as it faded toward the back of the shop. I went for that one.

Just as important as how many pixels.