Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fibre Availabilty  (Read 4390 times)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
Re: Fibre Availabilty
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »

I had a problem 3 years ago where the database was wrong (wrong PCP identity), and it needed my ISP (Plusnet) to fight hard to get it fixed.

At that time, neither the BT nor Openreach CEO was willing to do anything to sort the problem out.

Here, TalkTalk ought to be the ones sorting you out. Given that they won't act, you've taken the right step to contact the Openreach CEO - a route that seems to work better these days.

albert.shepherd

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

I have had a response from the CEO who has pasted on my situation to an Ian Lawrence who will respond to my situation I am told.
Eagerly awaiting.

albert.shepherd

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 06:50:19 PM »

Well here is my report back:-
The CEO replied within 48 hours passing my complaint onto the Chief Engineer Ian Lawrence.
I had no response from him despite me emailing him to inform him that I was aware that the CEO had passed my complaint to him some 5 days earlier.
I used the OpenReach site to explain my situation. They did at least reply but only quoting the information I had gathered myself and did not seem to understand that I was looking for an explanation not just to confirm the information coming from their Checker Site.

The second line order(this was me thinking that a new line would generate some response) from B.T. has now been put on hold by B.T. with no explanation not even allowing me to cancel the order. I intend to phone them.

No other supplier was willing to take on an investigation to my situation except for Sky. I was put through  to their technical team in Ireland who promised me a response with 48 hrs.---still waiting.

I have been checking OpenReach fibre checker everyday.

Miracles do happen today along with my other neighbours the site reveals that we can all now order Fibre Broadband.

I do not know whether to go religious or just thank all the help I have received from this site.

So thank you chaps for all your advice it was both knowledgeable and informed.

Thankyou

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 07:30:35 PM »

Not that it matters now, but for future info purposes, our Chief Engineer is called Andy Whale. Ian Lawrence is our, 'Director of Network Health and Engineering'.  :)

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 09:51:56 PM »

our Chief Engineer is called Andy Whale

Would that be this Andy Whale?

albert.shepherd

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:02 PM »

Apologies--outdated Google 2015 my mistake.

albert.shepherd

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2017, 10:56:49 PM »

Ian Lawrence replied quoting success for me tonight--very grateful.
I have now checked the other nine houses affected and they are all now"available to order"

I am over the moon --going live on the 25th

jt999

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 01:56:48 AM »

Would that be this Andy Whale?

I work for them (although not the Hull area so no fibre stuff for me :(), although I only met him a handful of times when he was with us he seemed a nice chap
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:00:16 AM by jt999 »

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 07:27:35 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]