Broadband Related > ISPs

zen - thoughts?

<< < (2/9) > >>

chenks:
those offers are only if you are also taking line rental with them, and that isn't what i'd be doing.
this is solely broadband only.

kitz:

--- Quote from: Ixel on October 17, 2017, 12:38:58 PM ---There's been quite a few customers reporting problems with packet loss or slow single threaded download speeds (myself included).

See https://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7842-packet-loss-and-speed-problems-at-several-providers

--- End quote ---

How odd,  it looks very much like a congestion pattern.  The build up from 6pm from home consumers and 8:30am build up is what I saw once for several weeks when on 20:1 from business lines.
To be fair this is not unique to Zen, and based on the other ISP's mentioned that implies BTw. Saffy said it doesnt affect all lines.

If I were to add all of the above symptoms together I'd guess at one of the BTw shared MSILs. 

chenks:
so what is the @recommendation?
i'm still minded with Zen at the moment.
what is the Fritzbox 3490 they supply like? (i'm sure it's a step up from the billion 8800nl i currently use).

Deathstar:

--- Quote from: chenks on October 18, 2017, 08:50:37 PM ---so what is the @recommendation?
what is the Fritzbox 3490 they supply like? (i'm sure it's a step up from the billion 8800nl i currently use).

--- End quote ---
What are your issues with PN?  I've been with them for years and they are always very supportive when trying to get OR to fix faults.
I've had a fault open since July, and they keep on rejecting OR when they try to hand it back. I must admit, there have been a couple of agents who don't read the notes and try to hand back to me. But a quick terse response solves that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

j0hn:

--- Quote from: chenks on October 18, 2017, 08:50:37 PM ---so what is the @recommendation?

--- End quote ---
Which Billion 8800NL do you have? the white R1 or the black R2?  The older white 8800NL's are pretty good as a pure modem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version