Announcements > News Articles

Windows 10 - Fall Creators Update incoming on October 17th

<< < (2/3) > >>

banger:
Upgraded two machines and no problems so far. Noticed a few new features such as detailed GPU performance stats in task manager and filling PDF forms in in Edge which sort of works I can type in boxes but cannot use the tick box selection. Also a 3D print app but haven't got a 3D printer so can't test.

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: Bowdon on October 05, 2017, 10:55:13 AM ---I think this is the creators update.

I've been reading they have pulled a lot of the features they were going to put in for some reason. I'm hoping thats a good thing.

I wonder how many people use Win10 in business? Updating must be a nightmare if something goes wrong.

--- End quote ---

Remember there is a business branch that gets the feature updates several months behind, so when the beta testers (cough home users) have found the bugs, then they update.

Anyone on pro can choose to use the business branch which I think is a the best choice unless you love to get things as soon as they ready.

Alpha/Beta - insider builds
Beta/RC - default branch for non enterprise
Stable - Business branch

:)

Bowdon:
I have Pro. Out of interest how would I go about changing branches to the business branch?

tbailey2:
Just go to the windows update settings page and select the Defer Upgrades option - there are more complicated ways using Group Policy if you prefer  ???

Bowdon:

--- Quote from: tbailey2 on October 18, 2017, 12:56:26 PM ---Just go to the windows update settings page and select the Defer Upgrades option - there are more complicated ways using Group Policy if you prefer  ???

--- End quote ---

Oh.. I'll have a look at that at some point. I'm always wary of going to that page as for me it usually ends up starting the download lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version