Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?  (Read 16929 times)

slinkywonka

Re: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2017, 07:32:55 PM »

Have you used the radio to check any other ac adapters? I think all of mine are about as "bad" as each other.

The trouble with using a radio is that you'll find pretty much every electronic device emits interference, but the radio can't really determine if the interference has any significant effect on your broadband or not.

Yes have tried other ones and none make that much noise.My 50" lcd tv has a huge power suplly but doesnt make that noise.I tested the psu of the hg633 and it made zero noise.I know all devices make some noise i just thought this one sounded alot louder.

And im only calling them "drops" as i dont know what else to call them,the internet drops on all my devices for 1 or 2 mins each time.I never said i had resyncs either i was just saying the nethear log is not very in depth at all.

At least these graphs show something is up.As soon as my new router comes its getting plugged in lol this is doing my head in now.

slinkywonka

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

You'll find that all inverter PSUs of that type make a racket if you put a radio close to them.

Damn  i thought it may be the culprit.Back to the drawing board.

slinkywonka

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »

Just inspected coax cable from rooftop aerial and there is a completely exposed section of cable that has been tied back together,a real cowboy job.This will surely give off some rf noise? What should i wrap around it short term to see if it helps?

https://imghost.io/images/2017/09/25/20170925_074459.th.jpg
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:18:06 AM by slinkywonka »

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »

That might mess up TV reception, but it won't affect your broadband connection. The signals in TV aerials are extremely low.
  Eric

slinkywonka

« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2017, 08:19:04 AM »

That might mess up TV reception, but it won't affect your broadband connection. The signals in TV aerials are extremely low.

???

Damn.Oh well onwards..

slinkywonka

« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2017, 10:41:32 AM »

This is to let you know that a resync/restart occurred on your line at 10:20 on Monday 25th September 2017 local time (+/- 1 minute).

Reason: 1 Remote Defect Indicator/DLM

Just got this.Whats a remote defect indicator?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2017, 10:50:56 AM »

A resync initiated by DLM.
That's quite a high level of INP/Interleaving on your line.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

slinkywonka

« Reply #82 on: September 25, 2017, 11:01:30 AM »

A resync initiated by DLM.
That's quite a high level of INP/Interleaving on your line.

Which means? Forgive my noobness to all this.

So if inp is impulse noise protection is a higher number good or bad? it says G.INP is disabled too is that a bad thing?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:28:32 AM by slinkywonka »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: September 25, 2017, 11:54:56 AM »

DLM decided your line should be resynced to apply some config changes. DLM is trying to fix errors on your line by changing various parameters. DLM stands for dynamic line management.

G.Inp isn't available for your connection because you are connected to an ECI cabinet.

slinkywonka

« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »

DLM decided your line should be resynced to apply some config changes. DLM is trying to fix errors on your line by changing various parameters. DLM stands for dynamic line management.

G.Inp isn't available for your connection because you are connected to an ECI cabinet.
I see thanks.
A bt engineer ran tests on my line here the other day and said it was fault free and rock solid.Maybe its all the rebooting of router and swapping out cables etc that has flagged the dlm to kick in.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2017, 12:01:53 PM »

Quite possibly. DLM is always monitoring our connections.

slinkywonka

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2017, 12:32:39 PM »

Would a stronger signal stop the noise interference?  Like a wifi range extender or my new router when it arrives? My neighbours wifi signal is so strong it is as if his bloody router is in my house!

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2017, 12:35:49 PM »

I don't think so.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2017, 12:46:09 PM »

Hi

I'm sorry but please, why do you keep thinking it is noise causing issue

If I understand your posts correctly (apologies if I have not sorry), but you posted that your devices lose connection to your router (ergo also internet due to loss of Lan connection) on both wifi and hardwired

Noise would not do this

In terms of neighbouring wifi, there are laws for restricting wifi power output

I think but have not looked on mwstats, that all your router reboots have caused DLM to intervene so best advice is leave alone or DLM might take more drastic actions such as banding your line

You said you have ordered a new router, so wait and see how that performs first, but given you have had a DLM action, when your ready to install new router, power off old router and do not connect to broadband for at least 30 minutes on the new router

Many thanks

John

slinkywonka

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2017, 12:54:02 PM »

Hi

I'm sorry but please, why do you keep thinking it is noise causing issue

If I understand your posts correctly (apologies if I have not sorry), but you posted that your devices lose connection to your router (ergo also internet due to loss of Lan connection) on both wifi and hardwired

Noise would not do this

In terms of neighbouring wifi, there are laws for restricting wifi power output

I think but have not looked on mwstats, that all your router reboots have caused DLM to intervene so best advice is leave alone or DLM might take more drastic actions such as banding your line

You said you have ordered a new router, so wait and see how that performs first, but given you have had a DLM action, when your ready to install new router, power off old router and do not connect to broadband for at least 30 minutes on the new router

Many thanks

John

Alright shirty calm down.No need for that.Bt engineer said it could be rein and others have told me it looks like noise/rf so obviously i would think it.

My router reboots every time tou change a serting wgich is annoying,other times were unavoidable and not intentional.Yes i will leave router iff for 30 mins when new one comes thanks for the advice.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]