Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?  (Read 16939 times)

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2017, 09:09:10 PM »

Well, I don't know enough to say if it's important or not but I know the line should be completely quiet

slinkywonka

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »

I was on phone to talk talk customer services other day and they couldnt hear me so i hung up and tried again...then i could hear them but they kept breaking up so i had to hang up.I assumed it was just down to it being an indian call centre.The landline is hardly ever used.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »

I know what you mean about call centres, very disappointing. However, note your phone line is in use all the time for broadband and should be in perfect condition for best broadband performance ;)

slinkywonka

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2017, 09:20:47 PM »

No drops for 5 hours,i play online on ps4 through wired cat7 ethernet and it drops within 5 mins...its as if the line cant handle all the connections and bandwidth at once.My phone,tablet laptop etc etc

Dropped at 9.05pm for 1 minute

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2017, 09:38:50 PM »

So, on MDWS if you select SNRM db and the Period to Show of last 6 hours, you can see the gaps at 16:36, 17:40, 17:45, etc.

It looks like your own LAN is dropping out, not the broadband.

slinkywonka

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2017, 09:43:10 PM »

So, on MDWS if you select SNRM db and the Period to Show of last 6 hours, you can see the gaps at 16:36, 17:40, 17:45, etc.

It looks like your own LAN is dropping out, not the broadband.
My own lan? Do you mean something connected by ethernet to my router? I have a youview box and ps4 connected.But...durng my test of no wifi when i had laptop connected by ethernet i unplugged both ps4 and youview and still had the drops?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2017, 09:59:41 PM »

I'm not sure. I think you've ruled out the router as the hg633 showed similar symptoms. Maybe the ethernet wiring is suspect, but then I think you said you also have the problem over wifi. Are you using the wifi from the router or do you have a different wireless access point also connected by ethernet?

slinkywonka

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2017, 10:05:33 PM »

I'm not sure. I think you've ruled out the router as the hg633 showed similar symptoms. Maybe the ethernet wiring is suspect, but then I think you said you also have the problem over wifi. Are you using the wifi from the router or do you have a different wireless access point also connected by ethernet?

Just the router for my wifi.When the problem started the d6400 was in use.I tried the talk talk hg633 router to see if it was a fault with the d6400 but the exact same issues happened with hg633.

slinkywonka

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2017, 10:31:19 PM »

Only thing i havent tried is replacing the modem cable,i have ordered a bt twisted and shielded modem cable as the one i got with my router is a bog standard flat cable.

Maybe clutching at straws but thats all i feel like im doing lately lol.At one point i was walking up my terraced street with a portable radio looking for noise... think i will be put in a straight jacket and sent  to loony bin before long..the local weirdo with his radio.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2017, 10:36:03 PM »

Dunno. Without knowing your entire network layout, maybe replace all the cables, use a router that has must better wifi (and works with dslstats ;) ), try channel 13 on 2.4, ensure you're on a free channel on 5....

Maybe your mains power is intermittent and you can monitor it somewhow? Although how can it be that?

Urgh, sorry I've probably missed something

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2017, 10:36:37 PM »

Yes, worth a try  ;)

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2017, 11:23:13 PM »

Maybe there’s a device on your network causing a network flood or network storm or maybe 2 devices with the same ip address? Maybe a virus?

slinkywonka

« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2017, 08:58:40 AM »

Maybe there’s a device on your network causing a network flood or network storm or maybe 2 devices with the same ip address? Maybe a virus?

No conflicting ip adresses,i have a static ip address for my ps4 too.Turned off the boiler all night but still had lots of drops.

Have scanned every device for viruses but will do it again.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »

You could turn on traffic monitoring on DSLstats and see if there is abnormal amounts of data being used

I can’t think of any other ways of network monitoring.....

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »

Hi

I hope you don't mind, as this thread is a little confusing but if the router is dropping connection, then it should be logged in the router logs

Have the logs been posted on here from the router

I think if not, these would help in determining where the issue is

Many thanks

John
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

anything