Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?  (Read 17066 times)

slinkywonka

Re: Possible rein issue.Help with dslsats graphs..?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »

As I saw before, in MDWS if you select the SNRM graph for the period of the last 6 hours you can easily see the resync at 9.29 and all the gaps including the one at 10:34.
Snrm db

Lots of gaps in that one?

slinkywonka

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2017, 12:02:15 PM »

ok im going out for a few hours so will reconnect to router by ethernet and turn off wifi now.

slinkywonka

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2017, 01:07:35 PM »

Couldnt get internet to work on laptop by ethernet,the modem just showed an orange light for internet.had to leave it as wife was nagging me to hurry up.will try later

slinkywonka

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »

All up and running on ethernet with laptop now.Uploading now will leave on 24/7.

slinkywonka

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2017, 06:03:03 PM »

Well had 2 drops in last hour.It shows on SNR db but not on SNR U or D so it looks like noise is causing the drops?

So it is something like rein?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2017, 06:31:14 PM »

MDWS hasn't recorded any resyncs in that time. It looks as though you may be experiencing periodic failures to upload the data, perhaps caused by PPP dropouts, not resyncs. A look at the router log should confirm whether resyncs have occurred.
  Eric

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »

Would the Event Log in DSLstats note the failure to upload to MDWS?

slinkywonka

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »

My router is basically useless,nothing in event logs at all,dslwebstats shows 2 resyncs today but that is me fiddling with the ethernet etc and the router rebooting.

It looks like when the drops happen that nothing is logged at all .

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »

Would the Event Log in DSLstats note the failure to upload to MDWS?

It ought to, but this doesn't work very well.
  Eric

slinkywonka

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2017, 06:53:17 PM »

Im at a loss.I could try a different mains socket just to rule it out.Will have to use an extension cable from nearest other mains supply before bed and monitor overnight.Also just realised i never unplugged microwave in kitchen before so will try that too.

New twisted/shielded modem canle should be here next couple days.My new router/modem will be here by wednesday but im holding out installing it until i jave solved this as i cant use dslstats with it :(

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2017, 07:06:33 PM »

As this happens on both wired and wifi and doesn't appear to be logged by anything, I'm guessing it's a faulty router so your replacement should work. Pity it doesn't support DSLstats :(

slinkywonka

« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2017, 07:09:57 PM »

As this happens on both wired and wifi and doesn't appear to be logged by anything, I'm guessing it's a faulty router so your replacement should work
Hmm.So the hg633 and the d6400 are both faulty? Possibly... I just used a medium wave radio around the router and the routers ac adapter makes a very loud buzzing sound when the radio is anywere near it,unplug it and sound goes away,i double checked making sure i hadnt left the power supply from hg633 in by mistake but it is the netgear one.

Could the power supply be causing it?

slinkywonka

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »

Have made a small video of it,turn sound right up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tta3R6UjTM8

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2017, 07:24:43 PM »

My router is basically useless, nothing in event logs at all,dslwebstats shows 2 resyncs today but that is me fiddling with the ethernet etc and the router rebooting.
It looks like when the drops happen that nothing is logged at all .

That's because there haven't been any drops in that period to cause any recorded resyncs  ::)

As I'm sure Eric would tell you, the modem keeps a record of how long the line has been up since the last resync. If in doubt abput a resync you can look at this record via the Uptime graph in MDWS. Every time the plot hits the X axis or gets close to it there will have been a resync as the uptime drops to or close to zero. The left Y axis is in hours and the hover legend will tell you how far back from that point the resync occurred which you can then calculate. This graph does NOT plot missing uploads (the only one in MDWS that does is the SNRM graph) so if even if there are some points missing - even for hours - the graph will plot a continuously rising straight line - unless there has been a resync when there will be a dip down to or near zero. There aren't any here so there haven't been any resyncs in the period you mention. See the attached graph.

You may also want to use the latest version of DSLStats.

Eric - I find that DSLStats records failures to upload okay and has done for many past versions.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2017, 07:25:50 PM »

Have you used the radio to check any other ac adapters? I think all of mine are about as "bad" as each other.

The trouble with using a radio is that you'll find pretty much every electronic device emits interference, but the radio can't really determine if the interference has any significant effect on your broadband or not.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6