Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Modem/Router VDSL2 Technicolor DGA4130 (BCM63138)

<< < (2/250) > >>

roseway:
When it's unlocked, do you get access to the Busybox shell, or is it just the normal Technicolor CLI?

shdf:
From what i read you have root access from SSH, so you have full control.
I oredered one yesterday, i should receive it next week, i will be able to answer to all questions.  ::)

Both files, the unlocker and the unlocked firmware webui can be downloaded from here:
https://mega.nz/#F!Pd8TgAJA!t-Yj3SktM8dNqvoIwiWbmg
Firmware webui: 2.23
Unlocker version: 0.9.6

You can start watching in it  ;D

In the first step of the unlocker the description says:

--- Quote ---This tool allows root access to the modem. After logging in, you can install the original Technicolor interface, enable many options in the web interface and more. Once the automatic procedure is completed, the modem will be accessible with SSH protocol and username / password: root / root. The root is resistant to a reset or a firmware upgrade. If the reset button is pressed, only the original interface and configuration will be restored.
--- End quote ---

At the second step you can check:
1) Nuova GUI = The new original GUI from Technicolor (unlocked)
2) Disattiva cwmp = Disable cwmp = Disable TIM from accessing the router and upgrade to a new firmware.
3) importa e esporta conf in chiaro = Import/export configuration files unencrypted. So you will be able to edit the conf file.

After checking everything you just have to click the "Sblocca Ora!" button to unlock the firmware.

And now you can connect to the web interface and see the new technicolor Webui, and you can notice it supports other languages than italian.

What they say about the Original firmware:

--- Quote ---The new Technicolor versions are based on Openwrt (ChaosCalmer for precision). It follows that theoretically by forcing and fixing some configuration files it is possible, theoretically, to install additional packages on the modem. No studies have been done on this. Anyone making progress in this regard would be keen to share their experiences on the forum.
--- End quote ---

What they say about the Hack:

--- Quote ---What allows me to do this process? Virtually everything. This type of unlock is even more powerful than AGTOT. In that case, you enabled the root user but it was in a small shell. In this case you are 100% root. The router files, being all based on OpenWRT Chaos Chalmer, are r / w and accessible with SCP protocol. By unlocking it you will be able to enable the telnet protocol from gui. To access it, you can use any SSH client such as Putty.
--- End quote ---

The hacked firmware is checking everyday if an update is available :

--- Quote ---Update Gui

An autoupgrade system has been inserted. Every day, the modem will check with the repository and report updates on the gui.

For technical issues with the tool, I release the manual update for the gui ...
Run the following commands one at a time in SSH:

wget -P /tmp http://repository.ilpuntotecnicoeadsl.com/files/Ansuel/AGTEF/GUI.tar.bz2
bzcat /tmp/GUI.tar.bz2 | tar -C / -xvf -
/etc/init.d/rootdevice force
--- End quote ---
This can be disabled in /etc/crontabs/root

roseway:
Looking at that GUI download I see that in /bin there's an executable called busybox_telnet, and in /etc/config there's a file called telnet containing:

config telnet 'general'
   option enable '0'

So it appears that enabling telnet should be straightforward.

[Later] I started to order one from the link given, but it wanted to charge me EUR 100 for delivery. :o

renluop:
Simple man question: why no UK version?

roseway:
Technicolor sell mainly (or even exclusively now) through ISPs, so their availability in any country depends on the ISPs in that country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version