Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wishlist - Recommendations Please for Modem for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra  (Read 4271 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Wishlist - Recommendations Please for Modem for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 08:23:00 PM »

Kitz will update the information . . . if those who know of newer devices would care to take the time to provide the relevant data.

Done.   Any new info please add to bottom of relevant list so that the 1st post can be updated. :)

Please remember that I'm not all-knowing. :)  If someone tells me that a currently unlisted modem works with stated login details, I'll add it to the list.

It's highly unlikely.   TP-Link use a custom built CLI in all of their modems.

There's also a newer VR900 (v2) which is missing off that list, i believe this now uses a Lantiq dsl chipset instead of the Broadcom which is in V1 of the VR900.

I cant find any definite info about the modem chipset.  According to their site it shows a photo of the BCM CPU.  According to info I had a while back from TP-Link

A little birdie tells me that whilst VR900 v1 uses BCM63168 SoC, there's a v2 in final stages of development that uses a BCM63137.(Same SoC series apparently).

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]