Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.Fast  (Read 2614 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
G.Fast
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »

@ kitz Have you got g.fast now? According to this site: https://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk/showthread.php/34624-G-fast-waste-of-effort

Can't believe u start off 329/45 and now struggle at 116/15 for g.fast service! That's is SHOCKING to be honest!

Sorry to hear this kitz.

This is why I always saying FTTC and G.Fast is bad move! Still controlling by DLM. Better off with full fibre FTTP (no DLM involved) or get a cable broadband.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: G.Fast
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:09 PM »

No, Max. That has nothing to do with kitz:no:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:40:39 PM »

Ah ok, I must have misunderstooding then.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:20:09 AM »

That's Kits with a S  ;)
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:15 AM »

We've already ascertained that it is kits, but not kitz. However, I want to address this part:

Can't believe u start off 329/45 and now struggle at 116/15 for g.fast service! That's is SHOCKING to be honest!

Re-read that post by Kits.

He doesn't say that he has G.Fast (in fact he says he has VDSL at 80/20). Nor does he say that his speed has dropped.

Throughout the post:
- he is talking about the estimated speed for him and his neighbours.
- He is commenting about how fast the estimated speed drops off with distance.
- And he is commenting about how that dropoff isn't logical (to him), and doesn't follow in a linear fashion along the street.

You've misread the post, and automatically assumed the very worst case.

My response, if I were a member, would be to suggest that perhaps the phone lines don't run in a perfectly linear fashion down the street. Perhaps they run along one side, then cross and come back up the street.

I'd be looking at the evidence, and seeking alternative explanations for what is seen.

This is why I always saying FTTC and G.Fast is bad move!

You are, aren't you? Except for the days when you are saying the opposite. Everything is always a catastrophe. Or brilliant.

It reminds me of the well-known character central to this story. These lines, from that link, are a key part of what I am pointing out here:
T: So you first became aware of the fact you had some automatic negative thoughts.
CL: Yes.
T: Then you challenged these thoughts by providing counterevidence and generating alternate explanations.

Sometimes, seeking help really, well, helps.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 01:50:39 PM »

Kits is someone else. People wrongly assume that I'm her and she's me because we're both female and usually have cat AVs.
Must say I was surprised though when I saw the location and had one of those spooky do do do moments.

-----

>>> My response, if I were a member, would be to suggest that perhaps the phone lines don't run in a perfectly linear fashion down the street.

My thoughts too.  Not sure what's going on there either as she talks about cab 1...  yet the image she attached with the estimate says cab 21.
I'm not going to spend much time looking into it.. but from what I can make out there are several PCPs on Chappell Road which isn't very long.

What Im assuming is cab one - on g.maps shows what looks like could be the work prep for the g.fast pod going in on July 2016

Cab 1        Corner of Chappell Road /Greenside Lane  (Huawei)
Cab 21   Corner of Chappell Road / Sunnyside Road (Huawei)
Green PCP for which I cant see a number  Corner of Chappell Road/Burns Road
Green PCP outside no 37 Chappell Road near to Thackeray Grove.

Bit hard to understand as the maps are a mix of 2012/2015/2016 images and for most I cant make out cab numbers.    Some of them show some nice red and blue markers on the pavement.
Theres also a bunch of black and grey cabs ouside of the Church, and some sort of green cab just inside the school premises.

Those estimates must be very new and just gone in as I've just checked an address a few hundred meters away and nothing showing yet.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

grrr...  as well as getting g.fast and g.inp mixed up in another post.   She keeps calling it G.nip.   
I thought her posts the other day was perhaps a typo, but she's called it G.nip twice more in that post.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

anything