Computers & Hardware > Networking

Home network thoughts

<< < (2/3) > >>

phi2008:
Offtopic and not really a comment on your network ... but as you are a network nerd, have you taken a look at running RouterOS on a PC over the EdgeRouter? You can run a trial version in a VM or use WinBox on a demo account. I used to have an EdgeRouter - but am not keen on proprietary hardware, then switched to VyOS, now RouterOS which is more polished(it's run as a VM on Linux in my case).

Chrysalis:
ignition that network is childs play ;)

yes im interested in more details

burakkucat:
Looking at the network map, the question "Why?" comes to mind. A perfectly valid answer would be "Because I can".

So I am intrigued as to why that network exists!  ;)

niemand:
It seemed more complicated when I was trying to visualise it drunk.

Then I sobered up and it wasn't so compared at all.

niemand:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on September 03, 2017, 03:53:51 PM ---Looking at the network map, the question "Why?" comes to mind. A perfectly valid answer would be "Because I can".

So I am intrigued as to why that network exists!  ;)

--- End quote ---

It provides fail over, segments home office from other things, and, with a policy change, will also partially DMZ a machine that's a little exposed.

I'll put more detail on later. There is a server in the
0.0/24 network that I don't want communicating with things in the 1.0 network unless spoken to.

RIP is to receive routes, the SD-WAN speaks BGP so they both talk that at the ER-L and it redistributes - no static routes.

Unhappy with both WAN links on a single router. Might get another and get my VRRP on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version