Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: G.INP finally enabled!  (Read 7778 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
G.INP finally enabled!
« on: August 28, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »

Quote from: MyDSLWebStats
minted

This is an advisory mail to let you know that G.INP is now enabled for your line
Only took since February 3rd!
I believe capping the line to force it to return to fastpath may have had an impact.

I think I might also be on the Standard DLM profile, even though I'm with BT (I don't have any T.V services).
The line was interleaved a couple weeks ago after only 2 days on fastpath, despite ES only reaching 1555 in 24 hours.
This time I left my cap on after returning to fastpath, and after 2 days instead of interleaving the line again, G.INP was just applied.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

lee111s

• Reg Member
Re: G.INP finally enabled!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:17:25 PM »

I believe capping the line to force it to return to fastpath may have had an impact.

I think I might also be on the Standard DLM profile, even though I'm with BT (I don't have any T.V services).
The line was interleaved a couple weeks ago after only 2 days on fastpath, despite ES only reaching 1555 in 24 hours.
This time I left my cap on after returning to fastpath, and after 2 days instead of interleaving the line again, G.INP was just applied.

I had similar in that interleaving was applied after 48 hours activation on the 18th August with ES around 1600 per day. Had interleaving for a week and G.INP enabled yesterday.

Quite why it took that long for yours, I don't know. Similarly I'm not sure why mine was enabled so quickly, when others have quoted 5-6 weeks on average.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:02:49 PM »

Glad DLM has finally done the business and applied G.Inp to your line.
A long wait indeed although you did state earlier in another thread that you considered 12th. June to be the actual, fully commissioned date for your VDSL line due to other issues with BT, still a record time by historical experiences of other forum members.
BT FTTP 150/30, BT Smart Hub 2

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 05:11:40 PM »

I am well pleased to here this Breaking News Flash and no need to find away to get a DLM reset
How many weeks is that since OR completed the E-side connection I can't remember now

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 05:21:45 PM »

Yes the order was completed on 12th June.
DLM completely ignored the line between 3rd Feb - 12th June with the line regularly having over 5000 ES/day but remaining fastpath the whole time.

Order officially completed on 12th June, interleaving applied on the 14th June. G.INP finally applied on 28th August, exactly 11 weeks after the order was completed.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 05:43:11 PM »

congrats :)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 05:46:21 PM »

No need to look over your shoulder now for DS errored seconds and enjoy the 40+ Mbps sync club  again :yay:

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »

2 days later now on a 5dB profile   :P

lee111s

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 02:53:35 PM »

Identical to mine it seems.

Had 5 ES in almost 2 days of uptime. Hopefully be dropped to 4dB soon  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »

2 days later now on a 5dB profile   :P

What happened to 5dB its gone back to 6dB and your upstream is now active with G.INP

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 09:50:30 PM »

I know, lasted 24 hours.
The upstream is great with G.INP, should really be on by default with compatible modems.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2017, 10:20:02 PM »

The upstream is great with G.INP, should really be on by default with compatible modems.

Totally agree and said this after G.INP MK2 was forced on us by OR, G.INP was designed to have both DS & US G.INP active at the same time no matter what the SINS say

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »

The first steps I can understand.

- Line is on open profile for 2 days
- DLM starts on day 2.  By default interleaving will be applied - or rather more correctly INP 3
- 3-5 days for Re-Tx to be applied.

Why yours took so long for g.inp to kick in Ive no idea, but Im glad for your sake that it finally has.  It's the 3rd step for new lines that appears to be showing some varience.

IMHO Openreach have steps 2 & 3 backwards.  If retransmission is available, then it should be applied by default rather than interleaving.

I wonder if it perhaps why it doesnt,  has something to do with how trying to apply re-tx on lines that arent fully able to cope with it affected both upstream and downstream speeds.

One of the things we noticed is that rather than the usual INP 3, the INP value would be somewhere in the 40-50 region. (which we would expect for G.INP).   It became unbundantly clear during G.INP mk1 that there were far more 'incompatible' modems in use than Openreach anticipated, so they did a botch job by only applying G.INP/INP on the upstream for lines that needed it for stability... and at the same time changing downstream to have INP applied first by default then G.INP at a later date.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 04:14:22 PM »

I think the whole mess is due to Openreach's own modems (at the time) needing a firmware update for them to work with retransmission. So they had to start with retransmission off so that the Openreach modems running old firmware could establish a working connection in order to get the updated firmware.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 05:48:11 PM »

Is there anyway to tell from line stats if a line is on retransmission low or retransmission high? or what stats to look out for changing? My IP profile after the last few resyncs suggests I'm on retransmission high.
Pages: [1] 2

anything