Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Errored Seconds, stuck on interleaving and cause of ES  (Read 5158 times)

shaun1264

Re: Errored Seconds, stuck on interleaving and cause of ES
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »

Ok, things have been on the up.  DLM seems to be making changes to SNR target.  After three DLM resyncs I'm on a 4.0dB target profile.  Speed increases to around 45mb currently.   ES increasing slightly now but still within limits. 

Still no G.IMP

AngelRex

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 01:35:57 PM »

Quick question on ES?

I randomly had a spike at 5pm yesterday evening which tool the ES too over 100.  I've tried searching as to what causes ES but there doesn't seem to be a definitive answer.

Could a faulty house-hold appliance cause ES?

I turned off and unplugged all appliances in the house to see if anything was causing issues at 5pm.  As the SNR and sync didnt increase I plugged everything back in.

Could this have caused the spike or something else?

spike can be seen on MDWS around 17.13pm yesterday (31st)

Thank in advance.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2017, 01:16:30 PM »

ES = Errored Second

1 ES means there was a second-long period of time where errors were counted on the line. It is more of a statistical construct than anything else, and helpful for constructing a "mean time between errors" (MTBE) value.

The errors themselves are identified by failures in the CRC checksum process, and are counted in the CRC counter, and there can be many more CRC than ESs. A big burst of CRCs within one single second period is still only considered as 1 ES.

CRC errors are almost invariably caused by some noise/interference on the line. Which can indeed be caused by faulty appliances, or even just the act of turning things on or off.

shaun1264

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 12:13:18 PM »

Just a little update.  DLM has been going crazy making positive changes.  On one day I had two resyncs.   G.INP is now on upstream aswell as downstream.   SNR margins have been in the 4-5dB regions and speeds are around 51Mb currently.  I did have 54Mb at one point when I was on the 4dB margin.  After the rsync for G.INP to be added on upstream the snr went back to 5dB with a lower actual speed rate.  Im sure that will drop back down soon. 

It seems the DLM is reacting faster to line conditions these days.

Data is under shaun1264 in Mydslstats
Pages: 1 [2]

anything