Broadband Related > ADSL Issues

Bt Line Speed Issue 120kbps.

(1/8) > >>

Audirob:
First post on this board, I requested help on vnunet.com and i was advised to speak to the experts here and see what you say.
So here goes!!

My line speed has never been much more than 1.5mb but i have been happy with that, recently i have been only getting speeds of 60-120kbps.
This prevents me from using Xbox live.

I spoke to bt they advised me it was the equipment in my house at fault and advised me to plug in to the test socket for a week and see what happens, I done as requested and plugged into the test socket and still the same speed over the week.

So I called again advised to change filters etc, so i changed every thing i could even the wire that feeds into the bt home hub from the filter.

Called Bt again and still they were saying it was my fault so i requested a visit from a Bt Openworld Man (at the risk of a charge) He came yesterday replaced the line box faceplate with one with a filter built in, moved my pair from the extange to another cable that reduced my lenth by 500meters, checked all internal wiring and found no fault with that, soon came to the conclusion it was the home hub at fault, i was happy i could go and buy another router and problem solved.

I borrowed a router from a friend and i have had it plugged in for 20 or so hours now and i am still getting the same speed. ahhhhh

Any ideas?? I have been told you may want some info off my router so i hope this is what you need.

Type Interleave 
                                     Downstream     Upstream
Data rate                      5152                 448 
Noise margin                15.0                  23.0 
Output power               19.8                 12.1 
Attenuation                   34.0                14.5 

Please help!!!

Astral:
Hi Audirob and welcome to the forum.

Those stats look healthy enough to me but I'm only a mod and not as technically savvy as other members here. I'm sure you'll get some useful feedback soon.

Audirob:
Cheers i am enjoying looking at other problems on the site just a shame i can not find one that is the same problem as mine.

Ezzer:
Your stats look ok assuming the snr is stable, and also what errors if any your getting over what time.

As your connected to the exchange at 5mb yet your sppeds are around 1/10mb then you have been throttled back by the exchange equipment. Usualy after a fault is closed then this should dissapear within 48hours automaticaly unless your getting odd events still occuring which is what would have caused the throttle back in the firstplace.

The throttleing is akin to driving on the motorway and you think "Woops was that black ice?" so you travel at 20mph although your capable of doing 70mph, just in case, and so you don't fall off the road altogether until your confident that it's safe to speed up.

Throttleing is identified by getting speeds of around 128k or 254k. anything else between 0.5mb to the speed between the router and exchange would be due to all the servers and stuff your connected to via the internet

Audirob:
Statistics -- ATM
ATM Interface Statistics
In Octets: 0
Out Octets: 0
In Errors: 0
In Unknown: 0
In Hec Errors: 0
In Invalid Vpi Vci Errors: 0
In Port Not Enable Errors: 0
In PTI Errors: 0
In Idle Cells: 0
In Circuit Type Errors: 0
In OAM RM CRC Errors: 0
In GFC Errors: 0

AAL5 Interface Statistics
In Octets: 0
Out Octets: 0
In Ucast Pkts: 0
Out Ucast Pkts: 0
In Errors: 0
Out Errors: 0
In Discards: 0
Out Discards: 0

AAL5 VCC Statistics
CRC Errors: 0
SAR Timeouts: 0
Oversized SDUs: 0
Short Packet Errors: 0
Length Errors: 0

Is this what your after??

So fingers crossed all should be well by pm Mon?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version