Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Loss of Both Broadband Internet Access and Telephony Service  (Read 14572 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Loss of Both Broadband Internet Access and Telephony Service
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 03:42:47 PM »

yep the snrm is fluctuating.

Sky just rang me up advising me there is damage to the cabinet and it will be fixed within 3 days, he seemed shocked when I told him I am using the connection, so based on what he told me, my connection may well go down again.

I dont know why data like the QLN isnt showing on MDWS, it is recorded ok in dslstats.

I will fire up baldeagle's dsl script and record a snapshot ,. then I will post the montage here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 03:49:16 PM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »

I have enabled auto snapshotting once a day again on BE's script, but will keep using dslstats for the ongoing stats.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »

I dont know why data like the QLN isnt showing on MDWS, it is recorded ok in dslstats.

I believe the Hlog & QLN plots are only created once per hour . . . if I am correctly remembering what tbailey2 has mentioned.

The QLN is, er, "interesting" for the DS bands. I can only describe them as "very furry".
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 04:09:32 PM »

My ES/hour per hour isnt looking too good considering the high snrm.  I hope this pulsing stops when they finish their work.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 04:40:17 PM »

I believe the Hlog & QLN plots are only created once per hour...

That's correct. The same applies to SNR per tone and bitloading. This was a measure to reduce the load on the server.
  Eric

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

At a guess the SNRM pulsing your seeing is one of your crosstalker modems is loosing DSL connection every 10 minutes, at least we are getting somewhere with this odd issue it never rains but it pours on Chrysalis.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:01:40 PM by NewtronStar »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2017, 06:08:46 PM »

The pulsating can occur if your line comes back up after a power outage. Also seen it happen after an outage and when a crosstalker comes back online.   
It can sometimes be resolved by doing a full power cycle of your modem and leaving the line disconnected for a short while.

I don't know why it does this, but the 'after a power outage pulsating thing' its something I've observed way back to the days of maxdsl.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2017, 06:20:01 PM »

yeah they connecting people, I have seen 2 noticeable snrm dips, one of them large, attainable is now below 80mbit.

I got a feeling this is a reroll of the crosstalk lottery and will be annoying if I end up below my previous speed, and especially if this pulsating sticks around.

I think newt may be right on the pulse cause, they now smaller since the large dip, so I assume the affect of that crosstalker with the unstable modem is now drowned out by other crosstalk noise.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:28:50 PM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »

Ok so it went down again, I got too curious so struggled myself down to within viewing distance of the cabinet, no one there, so it must have gone down of its own accord or someone is working elsewhere en route.  I have left the modem powered on, connected to pfsense and will leave the phone routing the net, incase anyone wants to watch the fireworks.  My phone will need unplugging at some point tho as its draining faster than the usb port on pfsense is charging it, even with screen off.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2017, 03:40:07 PM »

been using sky on and off but now having a few resyncs close to each other so may turn the modem off as I assume this can trigger DLM.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »

been using sky on and off but now having a few resyncs close to each other so may turn the modem off as I assume this can trigger DLM.

Yes, that would be a wise move.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »

ok so I have been looking at my old QLN data.

dslstats hasnt been keeping historical QLN data, so data I have got is from march and older on my hg612 modem stats, and from today and yesterday, I do now moving forward have daily snapshot graphs been recorded by hg612 stats.

So the fuzzy QLN graph on yesterdays montage is actually almost identical levels of QLN to what I had in march, the only difference is the line been fuzzy not steady, and of course the much higher sync attainable for the same levels of QLN.

My QLN (later) today is the worst I have ever had, however I currently have an attainable of over 80mbit/sec.  So it would appear the level of crosstalk present on my line right now is not lower than before the fault but I now have a higher attainable speed.  This is assuming QLN is a reliable indicator of levels of crosstalk. The 3rd graph I added from this morning shows the attainable in the 90s with very comparable levels of crosstalk to march of which my attainable was 69. It is as if they have cleaned the line somehow.

Sadly I got no QLN data for this sync
This is to let you know that a resync/restart occurred on your line at 09:56 Fri 14-07-2017 local time (+/- 1 minute).

Reason: 1 Remote Defect Indicator/DLM

Current Downstream Sync Rate is now 73971kbps @ 12.4db SNRM. Attainable is 98142kbps
Current Upstream Sync Rate is now 20000kbps @ 18.3db SNRM. Attainable is  39032kbps
as measured at the time of this email.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 08:52:12 PM by Chrysalis »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »

blurghhh.  Its definitely got a lot noisier.   There is also more sign of crosstalk than previous.

That said my own QLN is showing the same horrible noise that doesnt look too dissimilar and also started fairly recently :/
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »

thanks for the insight kitz :)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2017, 10:34:05 PM »

ok so I have been looking at my old QLN data.
dslstats hasnt been keeping historical QLN data, so data I have got is from march and older on my hg612 modem stats, and from today and yesterday, I do now moving forward have daily snapshot graphs been recorded by hg612 stats.
You have a lot more data now on MDWS between now and back to March and well back into last year as well
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8