Author Topic: REIN  (Read 4185 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen

JGO

• Reg Member
Re: REIN
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »

How many years is it since the churches realised that they had to live with interference by using a compatible system , not complain to the Creator or sue him ! ?
  I refer of course to lightening strikes.  I.T. designers please copy !

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 02:18:14 PM »

This is somewhat OT (not too, I hope).
Before I came this way in 2002, I had lived for 24 years in E.Sussex near the Ashdown Forest, Pooh country.
A radio transmitter called Kingstanding, with an interesting history, was on the Forest. It caused some amusing events.  My church had amplification and sometimes when no one was at the mic, the system would pick up BBC World Service. A friend would get reception on opening the oven door. Another took his mother for a forest walk, and by a fence her hearing aids picked up a broadcast.
I wonder he was tempted to get the old lady, you know what! ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »

“So I am trying to schedule a time when the internet is down, we’re in, this engineer is available and our neighbours are in,” he said.

Excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but why doesnt he just ask the neighbour to turn the kettle on and see if that causes the problem.   Then ask the neighbour to unplug the kettle and see if his internet comes back up.   Simples!    Why does it need an Openreach REIN engineer to perform that simple step.

“What this experience has told me is to never use someone like Sky where they have contractual relationship with Openreach, I would go straight to BT or Virgin as they have their own network.”

Hmmm I dont think he understands that Openreach are not the same as BT retail/consumer.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »

You could have a chat with him on twitter @eddymott

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »

Maybe he does not talk to his neighbour !.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:25:04 PM »

Maybe. He comes across as being completely clueless and struggling with his broadband. I think he needs help diagnosing the actual problem.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »

You could have a chat with him on twitter @eddymott

Hmm  judging by his tweets, Im so not convinced its REIN from a kettle.
- How long does it take to boil a kettle? 
- Odd that it only started after he upgraded to SkyQ.

Code: [Select]
I'm now using 4G because my wifi doesn't work.
SkyQ is just about the most terrible thing. Broadband never works and if it does very slow.
Lack of broadband has so far cost me £140... but @SkyUK will only cover £15.
Told yesterday by a @SkyUK agent that Sky Go had loads of issues and that they wouldn't use it themselves. My issues started since upgrade
If anyone was thinking of getting SkyQ don't. It doesn't work. No internet, TV never works. Rubbish service.
Despite having an engineer out for 4th time my @skyuk broadband is still not working after 1 month. Never get SkyQ it doesn't work
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 05:16:56 PM »

My SkyQ works perfectly

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »

Maybe he does not talk to his neighbour !.

He must do - surely it would be easier than this “So I am trying to schedule a time when the internet is down, we’re in, this engineer is available and our neighbours are in,”
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 05:20:38 PM »

My SkyQ works perfectly

Was thinking more along the lines of a faulty box/filtering.

Bit difficult to say really, you would have thought Openreach would have checked that.   
Then again did they test using a JDSU and all is OK and problem is only when using his [sky] modem.   Too much guesswork, other than it hardly seems like a kettle which is switched on for about 2 mins.
-----

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 05:26:24 PM »

Yeah, I think more info is required about the symptoms rather than "it doesn't work"

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »

From the pictures I get a feeling he's a tad fond of himself. He's featured a few months back
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/bills-and-utilities/broadband/sky-qs-erratic-broadband-disabled-smart-home/

and also features in Linked In, currently on gardening leave. Idle hands, wanting publicity?
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/eddymott

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »

So what if someone without a vast amount of knowledge about broadband is complaining about the terrible problems with their Internet connection to a newspaper rather than an online forum? He's probably not aware of the various websites dedicated to broadband.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »

Yes my feelings too. He's on Twitter though
Pages: [1] 2