Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DSLstats pre-release version 6.0.4  (Read 4463 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats pre-release version 6.0.4
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 06:41:59 PM »

By default, DSLstats starts sampling as soon as you press the green button.

If it's configured to upload to MDWS, the period from several seconds before the minute to just after the minute is not allowed, so if you press the green button during this period you will see a "Brief pause" message in red until about 2 seconds after the minute.

If you enable the option "HG612_Modem_Stats co-operation", then sampling starts between 35 and 40 seconds after the minute, and you will see "Synchronising..." in red if you press the green button outside this period.
  Eric

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:25:32 PM »

Eric, many thanks for the clarification, much appreciated.
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »

Even for me it seems OK! As a BTW I can't recall having seen before in Event Log, "No response to login user name." What is not responding to what, please, and why?

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 08:40:34 AM »

Not completely sure what you mean
I see what you mean, it is not obvious what I am on about.

1) Ensure your PI clock is correct (to the second)
2) Ensure you sample as soon as possible in the new minute.

The uploads (every min) to MDSLWS should then be fine.

Ian

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »

I have posted this several times already but here it is again.

The time at which you are uploading is always shown on MDWS at the top right of the status bar above the graphs. It's in square brackets underneath the legend of [USec] and reads something like [44s]. In tiffy's case is is 44 sec which is not a problem. It IS a problem if you upload close to 00 sec as it's then possible to upload two logs inside the same minute which will generate a duplicate error. Somewhere between 5 and 45 secs is ideal depending on whether you have HG612 Modem Stats running as well.

If you are running a slow machine earlier is better to avoid timeouts on the hourly uploads at around 57/58 mins to the hour.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:14:13 AM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 11:47:36 AM »

Tony, many thanks for the further clarification, much appreciated.
Apologies for the repetition requirement, I do trawl the MDWS help files, kitz tutorials and all related forum threads but due to my somewhat limited understanding as a relatively new user of MDWS I have abviously missed some important information, still on a steep learning curve.

It's my understanding that there is no user control of the hourly upload time and the only user control of the 60 sec. uploads is by selection of "HG612 stat's co-operation" option if applicable ?

I note today that my upload % is recovering on MDWS, was down to 75% yesterday which I thought might be coincident to change of DSLStats program from R.6.0.1 to R.6.0.4 the previous day, Eric has assured me this should not be the case.

@kitzuser87430 (Ian)
It's obvious that I'am certainly not fully ofey with the data uploading timing of DSLStats to MDWS, Tony has kindly explained this now.
Yes, my RPi RTC is correct to the best of my knowledge, I am running Raspian Jessie.
I did implement the RTC enhanced update procedure on Windows as outlined on MDWS, obviously only applicable when I was running DSLStats on my desktop PC, I am not aware of any similar procedure for RPi to enhance RTC accuracy ?     

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »

It's my understanding that there is no user control of the hourly upload time and the only user control of the 60 sec. uploads is by selection of "HG612 stat's co-operation" option if applicable ?

The hourly upload time is fixed.

For DSLStats (without the cooperation option) you can simply start or stop/restart at the time you want to upload between 5 and 35 secs past the hour. Your 44 secs is okay currently, I'd leave it alone. Why it suddenly decided to upload okay I have no idea, nothing changed at this end.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 01:08:30 PM by tbailey2 »
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »

Tony, Thanks for the further clarification.
I think the upload % decrease was likely attributable to what appeared to be a general slow down at this end yesterday, don't really know why, my upload % figure is recovering quickly today.
As it appeared to happen just after DSLStats program update I thought there may be a connection.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything