Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A use with a VPN  (Read 2517 times)

kieran0065

ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A use with a VPN
« on: July 22, 2017, 04:52:45 PM »

Hello,

Today i got my new router, the ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A, and ive set it up (using VF Broadband) and its running perfectly, though i ran into an issue with trying to use a VPN on it, it seems it does not have the most user friendly use for it. For one ive noticed i can only use an IP with the Sever, eventhough on the page it say's Server IP/Name. So my question is, is there any way of getting around that, or does anyone have any recommendations on a VPN provider that uses a IP to connect to their server's rather then a URL.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also another thing, i have a ESXi-Host that has 2 VM server's one being a DHCP server, but the ZyXEL wont let me use DHCP Relay without me disabling NAT on the VDSL Settings, but when i do that the internet connects, but no device can access the internet, any idea's to fixing this? i would like to keep all my devices on their reserved list i currently have, and not need to make another one.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 01:41:17 AM by kieran0065 »

kieran0065

Re: ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A use with a VPN
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:23:50 AM »

Hello,

Today i got my new router, the ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A, and ive set it up (using VF Broadband) and its running perfectly, though i ran into an issue with trying to use a VPN on it, it seems it does not have the most user friendly use for it. For one ive noticed i can only use an IP with the Sever, eventhough on the page it say's Server IP/Name. So my question is, is there any way of getting around that, or does anyone have any recommendations on a VPN provider that uses a IP to connect to their server's rather then a URL.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also another thing, i have a ESXi-Host that has 2 VM server's one being a DHCP server, but the ZyXEL wont let me use DHCP Relay without me disabling NAT on the VDSL Settings, but when i do that the internet connects, but no device can access the internet, any idea's to fixing this? i would like to keep all my devices on their reserved list i currently have, and not need to make another one.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong sub forum.

Sorry for replying to my own topic, but i went to Zyxel's support page, and sent a query off but got an email saying it no longer monitors that and to go to their EU one, but when i go to that one it tells me my email is already registered when i try to sign up, but when i reset the password and try to login it wont login at all... anyways my point is i still have no idea how to get a VPN working with this, and i would like too.