Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Recent spate of resyncs - where to start looking  (Read 810 times)

holmbase

Recent spate of resyncs - where to start looking
« on: July 18, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »

Hi

Very long time since I posted here. I have been on FTTC since autumn 2012 and during that time had a very stable connection. Resyncs have been infrequent - my longest gap between resyncs being about 6 months I think - although on average 2-4 months.

I have now had four resyncs in 6 days - one roughly every two days - starting on July 12th, then 14th, 16th and another today. I am Hypericum on MDWS if you wanted to look. The resyncs have all been RDI/DLM.

I'm no expert but looking at some of the charts, SNR is stable, nothing unusual on ES, FEC errors not high. The things I used to look for on my old ADSL connection don't seem to be problematic.

The only change I can see (other than connection rate) is on INP which always used to be 49, I think, but is now moving up to 55.

What else should I be looking at to see why a spate of resyncs has suddenly started? I'm just wondering if it could be a problem my end with the modem causing a problem or filters or something like that. Only I don't know what symptoms to look at.

I guess I'm concerned that something has changed and that my previously very stable and fast connection is going to go downhill.

Thanks

John