Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: They Say You Are Never To Old To Learn A New Skill.  (Read 1651 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
They Say You Are Never To Old To Learn A New Skill.
« on: July 08, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »

They Say You Are Never To Old To Learn A New Skill.
Every time I buy trousers or overhauls( it did not have a red line under it )  :blush: overalls the waste waist is ok the the leg length is too long  :(
Not wanted to keep asking Mrs tickmike to do them, I sorted my daughters Sewing machine out, looked at some on-line videos and learned how to take up the leg length and machine them (never used a sewing machine before)  :).
Very satisfied with the outcome .  ;D

Anyone else learn new odd skills ?.

Edit...Next new skill would be to learn to spell  :-[
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:54:19 AM by tickmike »
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: They Say You Are Never To Old To Learn A New Skill.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »

Confusing until I realised "overhauls the waste"  was not about plumbing but "overalls, the waist" :)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:07:14 PM »

Confusing until I realised "overhauls the waste"  was not about plumbing but "overalls, the waist" :)
Only found out yesterday that sowing machine was Sewing machine, it is very confusing, remember I only have a few brain cells dedicated to spelling ( not sure what the other two do  :hmm:), that's why spelling as been a problem all my life, and I have just told the world.

ps ..why has it got a red line under you word 'realised' ?

This took me 20minites to do this message.
Any admin still have my full permission to quietly re-spell my words. thank you.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 12:54:11 PM »

The red line is probably due to  your spell checker thinking that realized is the correct spelling and realised is wrong but I think they can be used interchangeably. Anyway, I wasn't having a pop at you I think that it's great you managed to turn your trousers up. I've had the same problem but the last time I asked the dry cleaners to do it, it cost me £30 :(

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »

Hi

I too have always had issues with spelling

The difference in the spell checker is most likely USA to U.K. So you just need to set spell checker to uk language

Also, not mentioned but as I use tapatalk on mobile, the mobile corrects some words, but usually changes it to a different word.

Many thanks

John

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 05:29:12 PM »

My spelling is also terrible, the other day it took me quite a while to google the correct spelling of something I was that far out with it, can't remember what it was now. Anyway I'm very glad that spell checkers exist, but I do like to know when I've spelt something wrong then at least I get a chance to know what the correct spelling is.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

josskay

• Just arrived
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »

I bless the day when my cousin taught me to use VPN