Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTN (aka FTTC) dropouts  (Read 1134 times)

VDSL2

• Just arrived
FTTN (aka FTTC) dropouts
« on: July 10, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

Back in 2013 I was in a planned FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) but change of Government killed that and changed it to FTTN (Fibre to the Node, FTTC has a different meaning in the land down under ???). Fast forward to 2017, my area went live. Downside is I'm 670-700m from the node, so getting 100/40 isn't possible (< 500m has been the reported range), leaving me with 50/20 or 25/1 as the only option.

Since connecting, I've had dropouts but relocating the modem to the very last phone socket fixed that for three days, after which turned to hell and even after having a telecommunication tech disconnect all additional phone sockets (only leaving one connected). My ISP/RSP has put my connection onto a "stability profile" (not DLM, which isn't activated on the nbn yet) on 13 June, the idea of it is to average the SNR around 11-13 dB to improve stability, most cases works but in some (like myself) it makes a small difference. My SNR per tone also shows drops after awhile. I have logged a fault but the wholesale provider (nbn) tell my ISP/RSP that is there no issues. I'm at a loss.

10 June stats, pre stability profile (sorry for the graph size being large)
10 July stats, post stability profile and with dropout

Dropout chart for June-July (too large to post as an image)
Line sync speed for June-July

Hlog

QLN
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 04:01:40 PM by VDSL2 »